Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WTT: CCW Classic Polished for Black centers - Z06 sizes

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2009, 03:31 PM
davidcheese
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default WTT: CCW Classic Polished for Black centers - Z06 sizes

I have a set of CCW wheels in stock C5 Z06 sizes (17x9.5 and 18x10.5) with polished centers. Anyone interested in trading for a set of CCW wheels with black centers in same sizes? Would probably be easier to trade wheels, but may be interested in trading just the centers depending on how hard that is to do DFW area would be preferable for a wheel trade.
Old 01-12-2009, 01:43 PM
ZR1 MK
Melting Slicks

Received 10 Likes on 2 Posts

Its likely you wont find a trade and in case you dont, take the centers out and have them anodized or powder coated.
Ive replaced the black centers on two sets, due to fatigue, with the tires still on them . I used two clamps on the tires to keep them together during the process. Made the rim repolish easier too.
Old 01-12-2009, 02:16 PM
davidcheese
Pro

Originally Posted by ZR1 MK
Its likely you wont find a trade and in case you dont, take the centers out and have them anodized or powder coated.
Ive replaced the black centers on two sets, due to fatigue, with the tires still on them . I used two clamps on the tires to keep them together during the process. Made the rim repolish easier too.
Thats a good idea, thanks. Can you explain about clamping the tires? I dont understand why that is necessary. I was just thinking you would take the air out of the tires and then remove all the bolts on the center. Thanks for the advice!

Also... will anodizing or powder coating weaken the centers in any way? I dont want to corrupt the strength of the wheel in any way.

David
Old 01-12-2009, 02:50 PM
ZR1 MK
Melting Slicks

Received 10 Likes on 2 Posts

I let the air out of the tires, as you dont want to chance breaking the silicone bead that seals the two rims to the center section as you work on them.

I actaully put clamps on the wheels rim area. Two in total per wheel at 180 degree apart.

John at CCW has some good video on his website showing the assembly process of his multi piece wheels. A must see if your going to work on them.

Powder coat and anodizing does weaken the metal. If you have his upgraded/later product wheel centers, it wont be an issue.
Old 01-12-2009, 03:10 PM
davidcheese
Pro

Originally Posted by ZR1 MK
I let the air out of the tires, as you dont want to chance breaking the silicone bead that seals the two rims to the center section as you work on them.

I actaully put clamps on the wheels rim area. Two in total per wheel at 180 degree apart.

John at CCW has some good video on his website showing the assembly process of his multi piece wheels. A must see if your going to work on them.

Powder coat and anodizing does weaken the metal. If you have his upgraded/later product wheel centers, it wont be an issue.
Now I get it... Its a three piece wheel, so the other two could seperate without the center and due to the tire pressure. Makes complete sense. Thanks so much for the valuable information!

Get notified of new replies

To WTT: CCW Classic Polished for Black centers - Z06 sizes

Quick Reply: WTT: CCW Classic Polished for Black centers - Z06 sizes