Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How about a "Racer Parts Swap Meet" in FL

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2009, 07:39 PM
Racer Buzz
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default How about a "Racer Parts Swap Meet" in FL

Are a lot of you Corvette guys like me?... Got way too much good racing stuff, HP parts, tires, engine parts, flywheels, clutches, chassis parts, rotors, brake calipers, wheels, misc tools, tool boxes, etc, etc, etc. all of it taking up good and valuable storage space all around your house, the garage, out in the shed, in the motorhome, under the bed and in storage. Good stuff that needs to be turned into some CASH to buy new parts and just no time or the patients to do the E-Bay or RacingJunk thing. I know I have a ton of racing & HP stuff that somebody else must want and or need and on the cheap too, so to speak. I'm just too busy with my real job / work or just working on my Corvette race car to do an inventor list, place a bunch of ads, answer a zillion questions about this and that and how much to ship it to here, there or where ever.

With a group "Racer Parts Swap Meet" it's see it, touch it, smell it, barter over the price a bit and then buy/sell it.

What if we (us fortunate south Florida folks) organized and promoted a "Racer Parts Swap Meet"? And do it somewhere here in the south Florida (good weather now) area.

Let's turn our overstocked racing parts, used Corvette parts and just plain misc stuff into some serious COLD HARD CASH! Times are tough and just like all the rest of you guys I need some extra cash to go racing too.

Let's have some feedback and suggestions from the Corvette Forum.

What say ye Corvetters? A good idea?

BUZZ

Last edited by Racer Buzz; 01-12-2009 at 07:41 PM.
Old 01-12-2009, 09:57 PM
LehmanZ06
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Buzz Boy----what you got in wheeels...
Old 01-13-2009, 09:57 AM
FASTZ
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

would you be selling used ITCH cream
Old 01-13-2009, 10:35 AM
96CollectorSport
Melting Slicks

Location: If you don't weigh in you don't wrestle Road America
Received 73 Likes on 54 Posts

I've been going to swap meets for over 10 years and I have definatly seen a decrease in attendance. I think the people that used to flock to these shows years ago just wake up in the morning, turn on the computer and hit ebay. People just don't seem to come to shows looking for parts as much as they used to.
I would much perfer to sell parts face to face but it's getting harder and harder to get people out of there house for shows like this. With the internet you don't have to drive anywhere, pay for parking, walk around for a couple of hours, carry the parts back to the car and then drive back home. Unfortunatly people are getting used to just sitting in front of the computer and waiting for UPS.

It may be a different scene in FL but in the Midwest that is the trend that I've been seeing, I've had much better luck selling online than selling at shows. Just my $.02
Old 01-13-2009, 11:52 AM
redvetracr
Race Director

Received 174 Likes on 160 Posts

Originally Posted by 96CollectorSport
I've been going to swap meets for over 10 years and I have definatly seen a decrease in attendance. I think the people that used to flock to these shows years ago just wake up in the morning, turn on the computer and hit ebay. People just don't seem to come to shows looking for parts as much as they used to.
I would much perfer to sell parts face to face but it's getting harder and harder to get people out of there house for shows like this. With the internet you don't have to drive anywhere, pay for parking, walk around for a couple of hours, carry the parts back to the car and then drive back home. Unfortunatly people are getting used to just sitting in front of the computer and waiting for UPS.

It may be a different scene in FL but in the Midwest that is the trend that I've been seeing, I've had much better luck selling online than selling at shows. Just my $.02

I don`t want to turn this into an ebay discussion but recent feedback and payment changes (basically pay-pal only) have ebay self destructing....
Old 01-13-2009, 12:26 PM
FASTZ
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by redvetracr
I don`t want to turn this into an ebay discussion but recent feedback and payment changes (basically pay-pal only) have ebay self destructing....
I for one am tired of buying on thing and it arrives it is either not as described or junk

Get notified of new replies

To How about a "Racer Parts Swap Meet" in FL

Quick Reply: How about a "Racer Parts Swap Meet" in FL