Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Trailer traction

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2009, 09:40 AM
Jason
Team Owner

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
CI 4-5-6-7 Veteran

Default Trailer traction

Something I never thought alot about before. I use a parking mat on my front right tire to place the car in the same spot when pulling into the trailer. Yesterday I went out to pull the car out of the trailer and into the garage, and the stone cold Kumhos couldn't back it over the hump of the mat. (My trailer is pointed downhill). Had to hook the wife's AWD truck to the rear tow hook and pull it out.

Something else to add to the list.

(on a good note, I couldn't believe the car started after sitting for a month in near freezing temps)
Old 01-15-2009, 01:23 PM
gonzalezfj
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jason
Something I never thought alot about before. I use a parking mat on my front right tire to place the car in the same spot when pulling into the trailer. Yesterday I went out to pull the car out of the trailer and into the garage, and the stone cold Kumhos couldn't back it over the hump of the mat. (My trailer is pointed downhill). Had to hook the wife's AWD truck to the rear tow hook and pull it out.

Something else to add to the list.

(on a good note, I couldn't believe the car started after sitting for a month in near freezing temps)
What??? With one of those crappy Delco batteries??

Frank Gonzalez

Quick Reply: Trailer traction