Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Has Car Guys quit ??

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2009, 10:04 AM
rbl
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Default Has Car Guys quit ??

I don't see any events for Car Guys this year and nothing on the VIR calendar. Sent Aryan an email but no reply .. are they gone?
Old 01-16-2009, 11:19 PM
davidfarmer
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 711 Likes on 492 Posts

Aryan has never responded to email......give em a call. I used to run with them a lot, but they just don't come down our way enough.
Old 01-17-2009, 07:55 AM
rbl
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by davidfarmer
Aryan has never responded to email......give em a call. I used to run with them a lot, but they just don't come down our way enough.
I know about the email problem and I ran with them last year but don't see them on the VIR calendar this year ???
Old 01-17-2009, 09:53 AM
eogel
Burning Brakes

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts

The level of interest in this post may tell you something about their position in the HPDE market.

I attended their VIR event last year and there were more instructors than drivers.
Old 01-17-2009, 10:17 AM
rfn026
Safety Car

Received 272 Likes on 214 Posts

I started running with Car Guys years ago at Summit Point. I know the ownership has changed since that time but I had a great time with them. I think Chin has just taken over everything on the east coast now. The market for track days is only so big.

Richard Newton
Daily Race Car Blog
Old 01-17-2009, 10:31 AM
CHJ In Virginia
Safety Car

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

I called and emailed, but no return contact about a 2009 schedule. I ran several events with Car Guys last year. The 3 day at Summit Point was under subscribed by about 40%, Vir he only had about a third normal attendance, and the last several events on the calendar were cancelled due to low attendance. Knowing the VIR & Summit rental fees, Aryan lost large amounts of $ last year, and we probably won't see them come back this year. He used to run a good event, sorry to see them go away.
Old 01-17-2009, 12:18 PM
Jim 47
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rbl
I don't see any events for Car Guys this year and nothing on the VIR calendar. Sent Aryan an email but no reply .. are they gone?
I called the 800 number and it's still working. I left a message for Aryan to call me. I've been associated with the Car Guys organization since the early 1990's when Kenley Smith was the "President Guy" and Car Guys was running at Summit Point, Roebling Road, Charlotte, Atlanta, Watkins Glen, Pocono, and other tracks.

Obviously, times have changed, and it's sad to see this group, which has put together so many well organized events at many East Coast tracks get to the point of extinction. Hopefully Aryan and Kathy can get a couple of events organized for 2009 at Watkins Glen and VIR. If so, I'll likely be there.

Jim Helm
Old 01-17-2009, 10:36 PM
sothpaw2
Safety Car

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by CHJ In Virginia
I called and emailed, but no return contact about a 2009 schedule. I ran several events with Car Guys last year. The 3 day at Summit Point was under subscribed by about 40%, Vir he only had about a third normal attendance, and the last several events on the calendar were cancelled due to low attendance. Knowing the VIR & Summit rental fees, Aryan lost large amounts of $ last year, and we probably won't see them come back this year. He used to run a good event, sorry to see them go away.
Too bad. It's really nice to see a well run event, and even better for participants if the run groups are not very congested.

I was going to go with them in March but I decided it was too cold. It ended up raining that day so I was happy I had skipped.
Old 01-19-2009, 07:53 AM
Feffman
Racer

Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts

You are welcome to run with MVP Track Time at VIR (September 7-8), Summit Point (September 28) and Road Atlanta (November 21-22) or anyof our other 2009 track events if you are still shopping for track time. Visit us at www.MVPTrackTime.com. Happy Motoring!

Mark Pfeffer

Get notified of new replies

To Has Car Guys quit ??

Quick Reply: Has Car Guys quit ??