Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WTB penske or moton coilovers for C6z06

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2009, 07:43 PM
jstout
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Chattanooga Area Events Coordinator

Default WTB penske or moton coilovers for C6z06

Looking for coilovers. Would prefer penske or moton, but would consider others that are adjustable. Don't have the budget for new. Thanks. Jerry
Old 01-22-2009, 09:25 AM
Van Steel
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 49 Likes on 25 Posts

Default Looking for Coil overs

Originally Posted by jstout
Looking for coilovers. Would prefer penske or moton, but would consider others that are adjustable. Don't have the budget for new. Thanks. Jerry
Jerry,
Penskes from Hard Bar... He may have some used and for sure he has new.
Gary is one of only a few who understand Corvette handling....

We are within 30 days to release our production single adjustable coil over package with a retail price of $1200.00... We have worked with Gary on valving, taking what we have perfected with our leaf program and applying it to coil overs...
Paul
Van Steel
Old 01-22-2009, 12:38 PM
L98Terror
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W. Detroit Events Coordinator
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran
Cruise-In VII Autocross Champ

Originally Posted by Van Steel
Jerry,
Penskes from Hard Bar... He may have some used and for sure he has new.
Gary is one of only a few who understand Corvette handling....

We are within 30 days to release our production single adjustable coil over package with a retail price of $1200.00... We have worked with Gary on valving, taking what we have perfected with our leaf program and applying it to coil overs...
Paul
Van Steel
I was going to recommend Gary myself. I should have mine from him any day now.
Old 01-22-2009, 01:39 PM
Aaron Pfadt
Burning Brakes

St. Jude Donor '08
Autocross & Roadrace Forum Sponsor

Originally Posted by jstout
Jerry,

I think the first important question is what are you planning on doing with your car. There are a lot of options for coilovers and what is best for you will depend on your situation.

Obviously, I recommend our Pfadt Original coilovers ($1890 retail) for dual purpose (street/track) use. Others will back that up, just do a quick search. For a more race oriented usage, look to our new line of FeatherLight coilovers. They will be more $$, but will offer more features.

Info on our FeatherLight models

Feel free to call us at Pfadt to discuss your needs. Suspension needs to work as a system, so planning the whole package works best even if it is not all in the budget right away.

-Aaron
Old 01-22-2009, 04:13 PM
ghoffman
Le Mans Master

Cruise-In II Veteran

Our Penske shock setup is the best available for Corvettes, period. We do things that even other Penske dealers do not have. We use proper clevis mounts on the uppers, clicker rebound adjusters fron and rear, more durable front "T" bars, all stainless steel fasteners, and a whole lot more (way more than I can type, I would be happy to discuss it, 603.682.8073). We offer them in non adjustable (8200LE series), 8300 doubles or 8700 triples. They are 100% made in USA, are all CNC billet construction, use synthetic oil and each one is individually dyno'ed and you get the data. With our System Engineering background we understand that you must test the entire system as a system and we test our shocks with the mounts in the dyno as well. In addition, for coilover setups, we use a dual rate Hyperco setup, but can provide the user with any Hyperco or Eibach springs that you want.

If used is what you are looking for, Glen Mccready on this forum has my former Penske 8100 doubles with the dual rate Hyperco's for sale. We will completely make them like new and dyno them for you since he wants to buy the 8300/8700 series from us. I wil point him to this thread and and you guys can talk.

Glen's 8100's:

8200 LE:

8700 triples (what I use, quick pin on clevis not included)

This is the 8700 cannister. The blue **** has 36 clicks of low speed bump adjustment, and the black **** has 8 clicks of high speed adjustment. Both are very sophisticated and velocity sensitive. The 8300 is very similar but has one **** for bump adjustment.

This is the rebound adjuster for the fronts, and is very easy to use with a 5/32 allen wrench. All of these adjustments are done with the wheels on the car, nothing is removed. This is supplied on our 8200LE single, 8300 DA, and 8700 3 way's.

Rear rebound adjuster, same internals as the front.

Internal pics of the CNC anodized/hard coated piston, shaft (made from17-4 PH stainless steel then hard chromed). We are not afraid to show the internals of what we sell. See if others will post what is inside your expensive purchase!

"T" bar testing to yield and ultimate:

Last edited by ghoffman; 01-23-2009 at 08:15 AM.
Old 01-22-2009, 05:47 PM
crznZ06
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Can you please PM me how much the used double adjustables would be?
Old 01-22-2009, 06:00 PM
ghoffman
Le Mans Master

Cruise-In II Veteran

It is public knowledge! The 8200 LE non adjustable is $550 each, 8200 SA $650, the 8300 DA is $860 each, and the 8700 triples are $1300. This is with the mounts and all hardware. Single springs are $80 each and the dual rate assembly is $200.
Old 01-22-2009, 08:34 PM
ghoffman
Le Mans Master

Cruise-In II Veteran

Sorry I did not get the "used". PM sent.
Old 01-24-2009, 08:50 AM
John Shiels
Team Owner

Location: Buy USA products! Check the label! Employ Americans
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

and when you resell a Penske you will then see additional value as they drop in price very little. Kind of like gold. Nice stuff Gary or should I say best?
Old 01-24-2009, 02:57 PM
gkmccready
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ghoffman
If used is what you are looking for, Glen Mccready on this forum has my former Penske 8100 doubles with the dual rate Hyperco's for sale. We will completely make them like new and dyno them for you since he wants to buy the 8300/8700 series from us. I will point him to this thread and and you guys can talk.
PM or email me if anybody is interested in the 8100s. We can work something out with or without the dual-rate spring package, but it's got to happen ASAP or I'm just going to keep on running them because they've been working great... I was just thinking about adding yet another **** to play with...
Old 01-26-2009, 02:14 PM
jstout
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Chattanooga Area Events Coordinator

Gary, you are very well thought of in corvette circles. I just finalized a deal on a set of 8300's with springs that you sold to Ruben in Florida. He is buying a race car, and converting his z06 back to stock. I am glad these originally came from you as you are credited with knowing how to set these up better than anyone for a c6z06. As time goes on, I'll probably end up getting something from you as well. Thanks for all you do. Jerry
Old 06-10-2009, 07:41 PM
C6RAPTOR
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by ghoffman
Our Penske shock setup is the best available for Corvettes, period. We do things that even other Penske dealers do not have. We use proper clevis mounts on the uppers, clicker rebound adjusters fron and rear, more durable front "T" bars, all stainless steel fasteners, and a whole lot more (way more than I can type, I would be happy to discuss it, 603.682.8073). We offer them in non adjustable (8200LE series), 8300 doubles or 8700 triples. They are 100% made in USA, are all CNC billet construction, use synthetic oil and each one is individually dyno'ed and you get the data. With our System Engineering background we understand that you must test the entire system as a system and we test our shocks with the mounts in the dyno as well. In addition, for coilover setups, we use a dual rate Hyperco setup, but can provide the user with any Hyperco or Eibach springs that you want.

If used is what you are looking for, Glen Mccready on this forum has my former Penske 8100 doubles with the dual rate Hyperco's for sale. We will completely make them like new and dyno them for you since he wants to buy the 8300/8700 series from us. I wil point him to this thread and and you guys can talk.

Glen's 8100's:

8200 LE:

8700 triples (what I use, quick pin on clevis not included)

This is the 8700 cannister. The blue **** has 36 clicks of low speed bump adjustment, and the black **** has 8 clicks of high speed adjustment. Both are very sophisticated and velocity sensitive. The 8300 is very similar but has one **** for bump adjustment.

This is the rebound adjuster for the fronts, and is very easy to use with a 5/32 allen wrench. All of these adjustments are done with the wheels on the car, nothing is removed. This is supplied on our 8200LE single, 8300 DA, and 8700 3 way's.

Rear rebound adjuster, same internals as the front.

Internal pics of the CNC anodized/hard coated piston, shaft (made from17-4 PH stainless steel then hard chromed). We are not afraid to show the internals of what we sell. See if others will post what is inside your expensive purchase!

"T" bar testing to yield and ultimate:
Gary,
I have a 05 Corvette that I have installed BBK, wide body, Cup tires etc for HPDEs and street driving. For some reson I have never considered Penske coilovers. What do you have for my set up including bars?
gary@grbowler.com
Old 06-10-2009, 09:20 PM
JDIllon
Melting Slicks

Received 297 Likes on 78 Posts

I have a set of Pfadt Coil overs and Pfatty comp sways that I just took off of my car that I am returning the stock because I bought another car. Drop me a e-mail or PM if interested I havn't had time to figure out what I want for them. I am in the midlle of taking them off right now. JD or phone 772 528 0669 cell
Old 06-10-2009, 09:35 PM
0RAAMaudio
Former Vendor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I have a set of double adjustable Motons that are barely used, Eibach springs, rears have quick releases on the canisters which is nice to have when changing springs, etc.....

Send me a PM

Call, 801-829-4997

Email, rick@raamaudio.com

Thanks
Old 06-20-2009, 12:15 PM
C6RAPTOR
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Aaron Pfadt
Jerry,

I think the first important question is what are you planning on doing with your car. There are a lot of options for coilovers and what is best for you will depend on your situation.

Obviously, I recommend our Pfadt Original coilovers ($1890 retail) for dual purpose (street/track) use. Others will back that up, just do a quick search. For a more race oriented usage, look to our new line of FeatherLight coilovers. They will be more $$, but will offer more features.

Info on our FeatherLight models

Feel free to call us at Pfadt to discuss your needs. Suspension needs to work as a system, so planning the whole package works best even if it is not all in the budget right away.

-Aaron
Aaron,
When will your really cool looking FeatherLight be ready?
Old 06-20-2009, 12:33 PM
ghoffman
Le Mans Master

Cruise-In II Veteran

What I wonder about is why they do not test the shock with the mount? The mounting plate is just flopping in the breeze in that picture! We test our shocks as an assembly the they are used in the car (like, duh!!!). BTW, We provide the dyno data on each and every shock sold, no one else does for even a representative sample!

Get notified of new replies

To WTB penske or moton coilovers for C6z06

Quick Reply: WTB penske or moton coilovers for C6z06