Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thank you Pfadt, for being open on a holiday!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2009, 11:14 PM
spazegun2213
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Thank you Pfadt, for being open on a holiday!!!

So, After enrolling in the Pfadt Race Team in 2008 I spent my hard earned cash on a set of motormounts, and poly bushings. Today, i decided to tackle the motor mounts. Now, I'm not a professional wrench, but even if i was, there is no farking way I'd EVER do it again. dropping the front sub frame is a pain...

Either way, I called them up to ask them a silly question "which way is up?" and Josh was more than happy to answer. I called back 5 minutes later saying umm.. "it don't fit right!" As I've worked on the car I've discovered that the 97-98 generation of c5's are the bastardized versions.. and thus, nothing works just right. So we ended up having to put the mounts on upside down. No worries, although you have to be in a really weird position to read the pfadt on them

there they are in all their glory... and better be worth at LEAST 2 seconds for the amount of time i spent installing them

Last edited by spazegun2213; 01-19-2009 at 11:17 PM.
Old 01-20-2009, 12:04 AM
trackboss
Melting Slicks

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

I haven't replaced motor mounts and its been some time since I've looked at that area of my car. Do you think you could have avoided lowering the crossmember if you ubolted the mounts from the engine block and moved those around to allow for removing/installing the other pieces?

Quick Reply: Thank you Pfadt, for being open on a holiday!!!