Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NARRA Event at ButtonWillow Feb 20-22

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2009, 03:11 PM
Aaron Pfadt
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '08
Autocross & Roadrace Forum Sponsor
Default NARRA Event at ButtonWillow Feb 20-22

Hey all,

This has slipped under the radar of most Corvette track enthusiasts, but we have a new organization running events across the US. NARRA (North American Road Race Association) is the re-organized form of 'Viper Days'. They have maintained their format and are now including other cars in their series.

The format is one of HPDE, Time Trial and some wheel to wheel racing. They are running a slate of events across the US for 2009 (full schedule here). The cornerstone of their events is the Challenge Series which is run like a Time Trial with all participants being timed and separated into 4 different run-groups by speed. There is instruction available and the point is to build people into better drivers.

Pfadt Racing is working with NARRA to dial in the rules for inclusion of Corvettes in the existing classes. We are encouraging people to get out there in their Corvettes and show the Vipers how to get around a track. To complement that we are planning on extending our great NASA Contingency to the NARRA events. I think we might have to put in some sort of bonus depending on how many Vipers you give the smackdown to.

Here is the event flyer for ButtonWillow. The complete schedule is on their website. narraonline.com

Hope some of you can make these events. Feel free to contact me or any of the folks at NARRA for more information

-Aaron
Old 02-05-2009, 01:43 AM
Olitho
Le Mans Master

Received 355 Likes on 222 Posts

I would love to go, in fact I was planning on it... but it conflicts with my SCCA race schedule. :-(
Old 02-05-2009, 11:50 AM
Aaron Pfadt
Burning Brakes

St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by Olitho
I would love to go, in fact I was planning on it... but it conflicts with my SCCA race schedule. :-(
Where is SCCA running that weekend?

-Aaron
Old 02-05-2009, 12:30 PM
Darrell ST1
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Aaron Pfadt
Hey all,

This has slipped under the radar of most Corvette track enthusiasts, but we have a new organization running events across the US. NARRA (North American Road Race Association) is the re-organized form of 'Viper Days'. They have maintained their format and are now including other cars in their series.

The format is one of HPDE, Time Trial and some wheel to wheel racing. They are running a slate of events across the US for 2009 (full schedule here). The cornerstone of their events is the Challenge Series which is run like a Time Trial with all participants being timed and separated into 4 different run-groups by speed. There is instruction available and the point is to build people into better drivers.

Pfadt Racing is working with NARRA to dial in the rules for inclusion of Corvettes in the existing classes. We are encouraging people to get out there in their Corvettes and show the Vipers how to get around a track. To complement that we are planning on extending our great NASA Contingency to the NARRA events. I think we might have to put in some sort of bonus depending on how many Vipers you give the smackdown to.

Here is the event flyer for ButtonWillow. The complete schedule is on their website. narraonline.com

Hope some of you can make these events. Feel free to contact me or any of the folks at NARRA for more information

-Aaron
Are you running?
Old 02-05-2009, 02:21 PM
Aaron Pfadt
Burning Brakes

St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by Darrell ST1
Are you running?
I'm thinking about it. My C5 is for sale so I may bring down the C6 and TT it. It kind of depends on who else is going.

-Aaron
Old 02-05-2009, 10:20 PM
Olitho
Le Mans Master

Received 355 Likes on 222 Posts

Where is SCCA running that weekend?

-Aaron
WSIR

http://www.calclub.com/maincalendar.htm
Old 02-06-2009, 12:12 PM
Z06Fix
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm thinking about it. My C5 is for sale so I may bring down the C6 and TT it. It kind of depends on who else is going.

-Aaron

Ahh stepped up to a C6 huh??? Any details on it?
Old 02-06-2009, 12:58 PM
Aaron Pfadt
Burning Brakes

St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by Z06Fix
Ahh stepped up to a C6 huh??? Any details on it?
Well, not really yet. It is basically my street Z06 that is going to get converted. This car is going to stay 'street legal' so that it is way more representative of what the majority of my customers drive and track. I may be going out on a limb here, but I think that ST-1 in NASA can be won with a street legal car. We'll see.

My C5 got to the point where most things I did to it were not applicable to my customers. I'm sad to have to sell it. If I could afford to campaign two race cars, I'd keep it for sure.

I'll post details as the conversion goes forward.

-Aaron

Get notified of new replies

To NARRA Event at ButtonWillow Feb 20-22

Quick Reply: NARRA Event at ButtonWillow Feb 20-22