Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

evo2 plus in a c5 z

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2009, 09:52 PM
02impactblue
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default evo2 plus in a c5 z

Does anyone know if the sparco evo2 plus will fit in a c5 without removing the factory seatbelt assembly? I have narrowed my seat choice down to the evo2plus and a 17" kirkey.
Old 02-05-2009, 11:03 PM
michaelkrelina
Instructor

Default Great minds ...

Originally Posted by 02impactblue
Does anyone know if the sparco evo2 plus will fit in a c5 without removing the factory seatbelt assembly? I have narrowed my seat choice down to the evo2plus and a 17" kirkey.
I've just posted a similar question to yours. Sorry I asked before looking.
I will be interested in the responses to your question.
Mike
Old 02-06-2009, 08:39 AM
MYRX
Instructor

Last month, I installed a Sparco Evo 2+ in my 2002 Z06. I used the PFADT seat rails. I did not use the slider. (Be careful of overall height as the slider will add about 3/4 - 1"). I had several post on this subject in early January.

Bottom line, you will remove the OEM seat belts and cut/trim the bottom "B" Pillar molding. The seat is just too wide. The door does not hit the edge of the seat when closed but it is very close. The seat is very snug against the tunnel. My set-up includes a 6 point harness with a hardbar.

I can still pull the Sparco seat and reinstall all of the OEM equipment within 30 - 40 min. I am very happy with the results. The Sparco Evo 2 plus fits me like a glove and I am 6' tall 210 lbs.
Old 02-06-2009, 09:24 AM
vette.se
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 02impactblue
I installed a Sparco EVO 2 Plus a week ago in a 2002 C5 Z06. I used the PFADT seat rails without slider. We had installed the PFADT Roll bar earlier.

Stock belt is untouched, it's only the tunnelside mount that need to be moved from the stock seat to the PFADT rail. No mods to the B-pillar mold was necessary.

The driver is tall so the seat is monted in the lowest position and as far back as possible so we had to modify the PFADT rail to get the seat in the lowest position. With the door closed we have about 1" to the seat.

Old 02-06-2009, 02:56 PM
Yellow Z
Instructor

Vette.se, I am interested in the exact same set up. What do you mean that "the tunnelside mount that need to be moved from the stock seat to the PFADT rail"? Did you have to do cutting or drilling to the Pfadt mount or the seat?
Old 02-06-2009, 03:12 PM
vette.se
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Yellow Z
Vette.se, I am interested in the exact same set up. What do you mean that "the tunnelside mount that need to be moved from the stock seat to the PFADT rail"? Did you have to do cutting or drilling to the Pfadt mount or the seat?
I do not know the word in english ... it's the thing with the red button that releases the belt. You can see it in the picture between the seat and the tunnel ...

There is a hole in the PFADT rail already there you can mount it together with the 5/6 point belt.
Old 02-06-2009, 07:06 PM
Gray Ghost GS
"AlohaC5" Senior Member

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 43 Likes on 34 Posts

I use these seats and can use both my stock seat belts (no modifications necessary) as well as my 5-point harnesses when on the track. I have a custom fabricated seat mount - no sliders.

Last edited by Gray Ghost GS; 02-06-2009 at 07:35 PM.
Old 02-06-2009, 07:31 PM
Yellow Z
Instructor

Thanks.

Your results seemed to contradict those reported on other threads. Other threads report having to remove the lower seat belt retractor to make the seat fit.

I am going tomorrow to pick up my Evo 2 plus seats and I have pfadt seat mounts. I called Pfadt and was told that you have to remove the retractor to make the seat work if you intend to use a slider and want to be able to slide the seat backwards.

I guess the slider is the difference between the results in this thread and other threads.

How is getting in and out of the car without the slider? I typically sit really close to the wheel so I am thinking that I may need a slider.
Old 02-06-2009, 07:38 PM
Gray Ghost GS
"AlohaC5" Senior Member

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 43 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by Yellow Z
Thanks.

Your results seemed to contradict those reported on other threads. Other threads report having to remove the lower seat belt retractor to make the seat fit.

I am going tomorrow to pick up my Evo 2 plus seats and I have pfadt seat mounts. I called Pfadt and was told that you have to remove the retractor to make the seat work if you intend to use a slider and want to be able to slide the seat backwards.

I guess the slider is the difference between the results in this thread and other threads.

How is getting in and out of the car without the slider? I typically sit really close to the wheel so I am thinking that I may need a slider.
For me there was no difference. I never use to change the position of my seat when they were stock - I set it and left it alone, so having the custom fixed seat mounts didn't change the way I got in and out. I'm 6' - and don't sit real close to the steering wheel.
Old 02-06-2009, 07:54 PM
MYRX
Instructor

Yellow Z:

I wish I could tell you different, but listen to Pfadt, (I posted earlier today). I had to remove the lower seat belt retractor. I also elected to trim the molding.

My next question to you is why would you use the OEM seat belt with the Sparco Evo 2+? These seats are not designed to work with the OEM seat belts. I recall many discussions on the same subject posted last year. The beauty of the Pfadt set-up, (as advertised) is being able to switch between the race seat and the OEM seat with ease. The design allows for this.

I trust it works out well for you. I am quite happy with my set-up.
Old 02-06-2009, 09:00 PM
Yellow Z
Instructor

I agree. The supposed beauty of the Pfadt set up is that you can remove the whole race seat unit and replace it with the factory unit in a fairly quick manner. That is not true if you have to remove and reinstall the factory seat belt everytime you swap seats.
Old 02-07-2009, 12:42 AM
02impactblue
Pro

I don't plan on using the slider, I need all the headroom possible. I would like to leave the factory seat belts and trim in the car if possible. This will make thes witch from race seat to street seat less painful. Anyone using the hardbar mounts with this seat?

Get notified of new replies

To evo2 plus in a c5 z

Quick Reply: evo2 plus in a c5 z