Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CCNEPA Memorial Day at Pocono Event 2009

Old 02-13-2009, 01:52 PM
jlcvt
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default CCNEPA Memorial Day at Pocono Event 2009

The Corvette Club of Northeastern Pennsylvania invites you to participate in our Performance Driving School at Pocono International Raceway on May 25th & 26th, 2009. (Monday & Tuesday)

We have a limited amount of openings, so please register as early as possible. If the event is full, you will be notified, and your name will be put on a waiting list.

We are looking for experience and novice individuals to participate in this event. There will be limited openings for novice drivers who will require an instructor. We will provide instructors at the track. First time participants with our club that have experience with other clubs, or on other tracks, will be given a check-off ride with an instructor, before being signed off to solo in the Open Track Sessions. All track steward decisions are final.

This year’s school will be an Open Track format. We will be running the 2.5 mile Road Course, in a counter clockwise direction.

The rules for our event, a tech sheet, an application, and waiver are available to download on our club website. Should you still have any questions, please feel free to contact us from the information on the forms.

ALL CARS ARE REQUIRED TO HAVE A MOUNTED FIRE EXTINGUISER OF A MINIMUM RATING OF "5 BC" Per NCCC rules
(they can be bought at Wal-Mart for $10-$20)

DRIVING SUITS are required for RED GROUP, and are highly recommended for all groups.

NUMBERS are required on both sides of car (4"x 6" or larger). The numbers will be available at the track for free to anyone that will need them.

There will be a car show on Sunday May, 24th at the Pocono Manor. There will be of Corvettes plus all types of Exotic cars (including: Ferrari, Lamborghini, Maserati, DeTomaso, and Viper). Registration for each car will be $30, but anyone can browse (no entrance fee) and check out the cars.

Download all forms for registration, and Tech sheets here

Club site: http://www.ccnepa.com
Old 03-01-2009, 06:26 PM
jlcvt
Racer

Update on registration after the first two weeks:

Registration total is at: 25% filled
Novice group is at: 50% filled
Old 03-01-2009, 11:23 PM
argonaut
Burning Brakes

Received 46 Likes on 36 Posts

Do you know what track configuration they are running?
Old 03-01-2009, 11:44 PM
jlcvt
Racer

Originally Posted by argonaut
Do you know what track configuration they are running?
We will be running the 2.5 mile Road Course, in a counter clockwise direction. Entering the road course before turn three and coming out at the beginning of the front straight.
Old 03-20-2009, 02:48 PM
jlcvt
Racer

Attention New NCCC Rulebook change for Fire Extinguishers.
Please read below-

PER NCCC VP COMP- this safety change will go into effect MAY 1, 2009.
We are implementing a rulebook safety change: To only use METAL BRACKET and STRAPPED FIRE EXTINGUISHERS with GAUGES to indicate FULL.

I am very sorry for any inconvenience this may cause you. I have strongly protested these changes implementation date and ask for them to extend it past our May 25th & 26th event. My main point was we are in the middle of registration and people have already purchased equipment for this year. I was told “We can't please everyone. All we can do is listen and make decisions that seem right at the time for the safety of the majority in this case. ” So the answer I was given was NO!!!

As I have mentioned this is out of my hands and since we have to abide by the NCCC rulebook for our insurance purposes we have to enforce this new rule at our Pocono event this year.

Once again, I am very sorry for any inconvenience this may cause anyone. Please email me any questions you may have, complaints, or comments. I will pass these on to my superiors.

- Joe
CCNEPA
Old 03-20-2009, 06:35 PM
C5inWV
Burning Brakes

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

The extinguisher mount shouldn't be a problem. Most extinguishers have an indicator gauge. I think we'll always have to be open to safety updates as part of the sport.
If someone finds a clever and inexpensive bracket or strap that fits the new rule, perhaps they can post a link in this thread.
BTW, I am registered for Monday only. I got the NCCC bulletin that said the track was ours on Tuesday as well.
Old 03-20-2009, 10:35 PM
MungoZ06
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10-'11

Originally Posted by C5inWV
The extinguisher mount shouldn't be a problem. Most extinguishers have an indicator gauge. I think we'll always have to be open to safety updates as part of the sport.
If someone finds a clever and inexpensive bracket or strap that fits the new rule, perhaps they can post a link in this thread.
Go to your local fire safety supply store and get an Amerex - see if they have the two-strap mount (two bands around the firex - better than one) Should be under $50.00
Old 03-22-2009, 02:23 AM
Bill Dearborn
Tech Contributor

Received 8,917 Likes on 5,327 Posts

Originally Posted by MungoZ06
Go to your local fire safety supply store and get an Amerex - see if they have the two-strap mount (two bands around the firex - better than one) Should be under $50.00
I agree the 2 strap mount is better than the single strap mount. However, the 2 strap mounts only fit the Amerex brand FE. The $10-$20 ones you buy from normal retail stores or Home Centers are larger in diameter than the Amerex units. That means you have to buy the Amerex FE which can run somewhere around $100.

Bill
Old 03-22-2009, 12:30 PM
jlcvt
Racer

Update on registration:

Registration total is at: 50% filled
Old 03-28-2009, 02:30 AM
jlcvt
Racer

Update on registration:
Green – novice (closed)
Old 03-30-2009, 11:19 AM
MungoZ06
Burning Brakes

St. Jude Donor '10-'11

Originally Posted by Bill Dearborn
I agree the 2 strap mount is better than the single strap mount. However, the 2 strap mounts only fit the Amerex brand FE. The $10-$20 ones you buy from normal retail stores or Home Centers are larger in diameter than the Amerex units. That means you have to buy the Amerex FE which can run somewhere around $100.

Bill
Bill ... I get the Amerex for about $44.00 from the local fire safety supply place - that's with a single strap mount.
DennyM
Old 04-03-2009, 03:12 PM
jlcvt
Racer

Sorry registration for this event is closed. All Groups are full.

Thanks, Joe
Old 04-03-2009, 04:26 PM
MungoZ06
Burning Brakes

St. Jude Donor '10-'11

Way to go, Joe!
DennyM

Get notified of new replies

To CCNEPA Memorial Day at Pocono Event 2009

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: CCNEPA Memorial Day at Pocono Event 2009