Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

June NCM HPDE @ VIR-Registration opens Mar 12

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2009, 08:11 PM
MungoZ06
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10-'11
Default June NCM HPDE @ VIR-Registration opens Mar 12

From Roc Linkov on HPDE ListServ:

"Registration begins Thursday, March 12th at 8:00am central time.
Have your login name and password ready to go as we expect VIR to sell out in a matter of minutes. If your login name and password are not currently working, click on the forgotten password link below the password box and your password will be e-mailed to you instantly. You have 3 weeks to prepare yourself for opening day! Enjoy 2 days of instruction and driving with experienced drivers as well as meet some of the GM support personnel. See you trackside & let the fun begin!"

Registration will be at this link:
http://www.corvettemuseum.com/regist.../virinfo.shtml
Old 02-17-2009, 08:15 PM
sothpaw2
Safety Car

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Thanks for the info.!!
Old 02-17-2009, 08:28 PM
RedLS1GTO
Race Director

Received 42 Likes on 9 Posts

Thanks for the info... I can't find anywhere on the site. Do you have to be a member to participate or is it just a price difference or something like that? Thanks in advance.
Old 02-17-2009, 08:36 PM
Zippy
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Cruise-In 2, 9 & 10 Veteran
St Jude donor '09

Thanks for the heads-up Denny.

Have fun.
Old 02-17-2009, 08:42 PM
BEZ06
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 835 Likes on 595 Posts

Originally Posted by redls1gto
Thanks for the info... I can't find anywhere on the site. Do you have to be a member to participate or is it just a price difference or something like that? Thanks in advance.
Yes, you must be a NCM member.

http://services.corvettemuseum.com/P...membership.cfm

Bob
Old 02-17-2009, 09:41 PM
MungoZ06
Burning Brakes

St. Jude Donor '10-'11

If you're not a member, you have to buy a year's membership with the application ... so if you do it now and get a member number, it reduces the registration time.
Old 02-18-2009, 09:10 PM
mcar00
Burning Brakes

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Thanks for the heads up!
Old 02-20-2009, 09:19 AM
rocsvette
Pro

Received 164 Likes on 94 Posts

If you are not a member, the price difference includes membership. But the system only knows you are a member if you use your correct password and ID (all members have them).

Information is on VIR page the link is on the dropdown menu under Events link on the NCM home page. We always announce the live date in advance by weeks so people can be prepared.
Old 02-20-2009, 01:14 PM
Lan.Jet
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rocsvette
If you are not a member, the price difference includes membership. But the system only knows you are a member if you use your correct password and ID (all members have them).

Information is on VIR page the link is on the dropdown menu under Events link on the NCM home page. We always announce the live date in advance by weeks so people can be prepared.

I can login to the site and I purchased another year but can’t find my member number. I forgot if this is needed?
Old 02-20-2009, 02:09 PM
rocsvette
Pro

Originally Posted by Lan.Jet
I can login to the site and I purchased another year but can’t find my member number. I forgot if this is needed?
you only need your login ID and password. You can try it by going to Member Services link in second blue box on left. If you can't remember go there and use second option to have it sent to you. If all else fails, call us (Roc x162 or Karen x164) and we will reset it for you and then you can create a new one. But please use that option before the registration day.
Old 02-20-2009, 10:54 PM
RaleighSS
Drifting

Default All GM can run

Why did they allow all GM cars now? They sell out in minutes every year with Corvettes only .... now they are allowing any GM car ..... I kinda liked this when it was only corvettes.. I could see opening it up to all GM if they could not fill it with corvettes but clearly this is not the case.

In a major change this year students may drive any GM auto product suitable for track. So Camaros, G8s, Solstice coupes, etc. are all acceptable and we may see some GM CTF cars.
Old 02-20-2009, 11:07 PM
rocsvette
Pro

Originally Posted by RaleighSS
Why did they allow all GM cars now? They sell out in minutes every year with Corvettes only .... now they are allowing any GM car ..... I kinda liked this when it was only corvettes.. I could see opening it up to all GM if they could not fill it with corvettes but clearly this is not the case.

In a major change this year students may drive any GM auto product suitable for track. So Camaros, G8s, Solstice coupes, etc. are all acceptable and we may see some GM CTF cars.
for a number of reasons: The GM staff coming to our events will be coming with their own vehicles at their own expense and not all have Corvettes. Secondly we are offering GM a venue to bring some of their new models to the track and show their capabilities. Thirdly, we have not sold out of all of our DEs last year so we are creating new opportunities.

While people may prefer all Corvette events, the declining economy has affected attendance with the percentage sellout declining all last year resulting in losses. We cannot run these or other events at a loss.
Old 02-20-2009, 11:10 PM
RaleighSS
Drifting

for a number of reasons: The GM staff coming to our events will be coming with their own vehicles at their own expense and not all have Corvettes. Secondly we are offering GM a venue to bring some of their new models to the track and show their capabilities. Thirdly, we have not sold out of all of our DEs last year so we are creating new opportunities.

While people may prefer all Corvette events, the declining economy has affected attendance with the percentage sellout declining all last year resulting in losses. We cannot run these or other events at a loss.

Understood the economy is tough... Thanks for the update..... Maybe we will see the Camaro out there?? :-)
Old 02-21-2009, 02:25 AM
sleeper02Z06
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Maybe TimZ06 and I should bring our Camaros out, see how the old live axles can stand up!

Joe
Old 02-21-2009, 05:19 AM
rocsvette
Pro

Understood the economy is tough... Thanks for the update..... Maybe we will see the Camaro out there?? :-)
From what I've been told, there won't be any CTF Camaros out until a little later in the year, but we'll keep working on it.
Old 02-21-2009, 07:50 AM
RaleighSS
Drifting

From what I've been told, there won't be any CTF Camaros out until a little later in the year, but we'll keep working on it.
what does CTF mean?
Old 02-21-2009, 11:18 AM
BEZ06
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 835 Likes on 595 Posts

what does CTF mean?
I think it's Captured Test Fleet.

I believe these are pre-production, or maybe very early production vehicles that are driven by GM excecutives, management, engineers, etc. to see how the cars hold up to everyday driving.

There were a number of ZR1s at VIR last year that were driven down from the Detroit Tech Center (I believe) and were driven on the track during the event.

At least I think that's what Roc is talking about.

Bob

Get notified of new replies

To June NCM HPDE @ VIR-Registration opens Mar 12

Old 02-21-2009, 11:55 AM
Wicked Weasel
Team Owner

Received 297 Likes on 94 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05-'08

Old 02-21-2009, 01:54 PM
RaleighSS
Drifting

Originally Posted by BEZ06
I think it's Captured Test Fleet.

I believe these are pre-production, or maybe very early production vehicles that are driven by GM excecutives, management, engineers, etc. to see how the cars hold up to everyday driving.

There were a number of ZR1s at VIR last year that were driven down from the Detroit Tech Center (I believe) and were driven on the track during the event.

At least I think that's what Roc is talking about.

Bob
That makes sense I remember the Zr1 there last year .... Maybe we will get lucky and see one of these cars on the track ....
Old 02-21-2009, 05:13 PM
Timz06
Safety Car

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by sleeper02Z06
Maybe TimZ06 and I should bring our Camaros out, see how the old live axles can stand up!

Joe
I plan to do just that! You should bring your camaro as well!

Tim

Quick Reply: June NCM HPDE @ VIR-Registration opens Mar 12