Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

We need these guy to come on over

Old 02-19-2009, 12:41 PM
BrianCunningham
Team Owner

Received 238 Likes on 166 Posts

Default We need these guy to come on over

Some neat stuff!
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c3-t...are-notes.html

Originally Posted by 72 RAY
Hey everyone!
Took the vette out for some fun 4th of July weekend. Have not even started the car for more than a Year. Went thru all the fluids and fired it up to go run the Tijuana Grand Prix.
Yes' you read correctly Thats in Mexico!!! lol
The shop I have been racing with (JMCMotorsports.com) was taking a few other cars down and asked if I could get the vette down there to put a car in A class. The streets of Tijuana are ruff and the course is more of a Drag Race H.P. set up. We thought the car would do well but what an adventure. First off my setup was way to stiff. (last run was Nov. 2006 @ Buttonwillow) so I went to work on softening everything. Next we had a power steering hose Failure in qualifying. Luckily the handy folks that they are in Mexico they made me a hose that would work. Lastly was Fuel. You can not take fuel into Mexico so I had to drive the car to a Pemex station (public streets) to get (? super unleaded) to mix with the V.P. Race Fuel ($12.00 per gallon U.S. ) they supplied at the track. Thought for sure I was going to get pulled over but nobody cared much, just admired the car. ( In fact the population that came to the track just absolutely loved the vette.) A rivalry had been established between my Vette and a 68 Camero that had raced for many years in this class as the car to beat. Unfortunately without a Qualifying time and a start from the back I did not have much confidence in the set-up or my chances. As it turned out JMC Motorsports took wins in all classes entered.
Here is a couple of pictures of the vette and the video.
There is a wreck on the first lap then just picking off one car at a time until the camero then we have fun!!!

Tijuana Grand Prix 2008

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: We need these guy to come on over