Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WTB: Good Used Brake Pads for Spring Mountain

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2009, 07:19 PM
spiral04
Melting Slicks

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Default WTB: Good Used Brake Pads for Spring Mountain

I'm looking for a good set of used pads for the upcoming Corvette Track days at Spring Mountain. I was planning on taking of my Baer 2 piece rotors with ceramic brake pads, and putting on stock rotors and another brake pad set up for the track? What do you guys have or suggest for Spring mountain??
Old 02-25-2009, 08:22 PM
CHJ In Virginia
Safety Car

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

If you are looking for a good set of Hawk take off race pads - check out the posts by Phoenix Performance, or give them a call. They almost always have good sets of pads for very reasonable prices. Many sets have 60-80% left.
Old 02-26-2009, 01:34 AM
Joy of 6
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You won't go very fast at Spring Mt. It is a teaaching course with lots of challenging corners. You might hit 125 on the main straight but will be much slower on the rest of the track. So, I doubt that you will need any better set up than stock. Most of the time you will be in second or third gear.

Have Fun
Old 02-26-2009, 11:05 AM
spiral04
Melting Slicks

pm sent. I need pads ASAP?
Old 02-26-2009, 03:27 PM
RoganR
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by spiral04
I'm looking for a good set of used pads for the upcoming Corvette Track days at Spring Mountain. I was planning on taking of my Baer 2 piece rotors with ceramic brake pads, and putting on stock rotors and another brake pad set up for the track? What do you guys have or suggest for Spring mountain??
You go to that track how often? How far is it from you? Just gathering some info.

Thanks,
Old 02-26-2009, 04:52 PM
spiral04
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by RoganR
You go to that track how often? How far is it from you? Just gathering some info.

Thanks,
That track is about 250 miles from me and this will be my first time there. I was told my ceramic brakes and drilled baer's won't be good for the track. I was thinking of buying a cheap set of Napa rotors and a set of decent brakes for whenever I go to some type of track event.
Old 02-26-2009, 04:57 PM
Moss
Racer

Default brake pads

I have a set of Raybestos st43 pads, only 1 event on them. the pad material is 1/4 inch. Cost new was $276 fronts and $224 rears.
Let me know if you are interested. I can probably send them down to the LA area with a friend on Monday and that would save any shipping charges. I also have the brake rotors that go along with them if you want.

Moss
Old 02-26-2009, 04:59 PM
klasik-69
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That track is about 250 miles from me and this will be my first time there. I was told my ceramic brakes and drilled baer's won't be good for the track. I was thinking of buying a cheap set of Napa rotors and a set of decent brakes for whenever I go to some type of track event.
There you go again with the cheap rotors. Spring Mountain's vettes run on stock brake rotors and I believe they use the Hawk HP+ pads, but not certain. Stock brakes at that track is more than adequate, especially if you're running street tries. 125 to 130 top speed, barely into 4th gear for about 400 feet, and the rest of the time you're handling sweepers in 3rd gear, and a little in 2nd gear. Fun track but not fast compared to a lot of other tracks
Old 02-26-2009, 09:18 PM
spiral04
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by klasik-69
There you go again with the cheap rotors. Spring Mountain's vettes run on stock brake rotors and I believe they use the Hawk HP+ pads, but not certain. Stock brakes at that track is more than adequate, especially if you're running street tries. 125 to 130 top speed, barely into 4th gear for about 400 feet, and the rest of the time you're handling sweepers in 3rd gear, and a little in 2nd gear. Fun track but not fast compared to a lot of other tracks
and that's why I've decided to hold off for now. This was merely a preventataive measure just in case. I can't wait!
Old 02-27-2009, 06:48 AM
RoganR
Melting Slicks

That track is about 250 miles from me and this will be my first time there.

Cool post up your feedback after the event. Good luck.

Get notified of new replies

To WTB: Good Used Brake Pads for Spring Mountain

Quick Reply: WTB: Good Used Brake Pads for Spring Mountain