Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Trailer Floor Question

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2009, 08:14 AM
H1ghlndr
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default New Trailer Floor Question

Guys,

I have a new enclosed with bare plywood floor. What is the best way to protect it?

- Floor expoxy? Heard this is not recommended due to cracking, but I thought epoxy was flexible?

- Good Oil based paint? Recommended by Haulmark in manual, but dont' know how long will last?

- Rubber (or other) flooring? Preferred, but I hear they buckle and have issues with hot tires, undercarriage.

Thanks!
Old 03-06-2009, 08:38 AM
ghoffman
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cruise-In II Veteran

I had linoleum originally but it got all nasty after a few years. A friend of mine that owns Custom Sheet Metal in Manchester, NH did an incredible job putting .062 aluminum diamond plate on the floor. He bonded it with silicone RTV and countersunk stainless steel flat head screws. He even did Tig welded corners!

Old 03-06-2009, 08:40 AM
AU N EGL
Team Owner

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

I used garage floor epoxy with a bit of sand in the epoxy/ It did a good job. the HOT rubber tires after your event will cause the paint to peal a bit.

The oil based primer and oil based paint with a bit of play sand in for grip is a good idea, Light gray would be a good choice of colors.

The rubber coin floor is great too.

what ever you do they floor will get beat up.

You could do the oil base paint then use the steel diamond tread plates under the tires.

Good Luck
Old 03-06-2009, 10:08 AM
redvetracr
Race Director

Received 174 Likes on 160 Posts

I have a 48` gooseneck (40`on the floor) I bought new in 1995, the wood floor was painted with grey porch paint and after all this time it is wearing quite well...besides storing my cars I do work out of it also.

Get notified of new replies

To New Trailer Floor Question

Quick Reply: New Trailer Floor Question