Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Speedlab Corvette statred up!

Old 03-10-2009, 04:52 AM
hemipanter
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Speedlab Corvette statred up!

We have just fired up the engine, and here are the adress for you to listen what it sounded like.
http://www.speedlab.se/wordpress/?page_id=94 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=loHMF31smu0
Me in the red jacket checking oil level. I am quite pleased with the 7Y exhaust system that contribute to a good midrange response. One of the collector pipe had to be an inch shorter but I dont think it matters that much.
Regards
Goran
Old 03-10-2009, 07:31 AM
KBlanke
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

very cool!
Old 03-10-2009, 08:11 AM
CHJ In Virginia
Safety Car

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Really sounds nice ! Can't wait to see some video of that beast on the track -----
Old 03-10-2009, 09:11 AM
hemipanter
Instructor

I for got to mention that the car weight landed at 2134P with all fluids but without the driver. We have to ballast the car with some 165P, but thats god for balansing the car.
Id has 54 % rear bias right now. Cgh is 12".
Goran
Old 03-10-2009, 10:06 AM
0Randy@DRM
Former Vendor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Congrats Nothing like firing them up after all the hard work, planning and design to you sir

Randy
Old 03-10-2009, 10:31 AM
Kubs
Le Mans Master

Received 1,721 Likes on 931 Posts
2023 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2022 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11

Wow!! That throttle response is amazing! Very cool!
Old 03-10-2009, 01:12 PM
hemipanter
Instructor

The idea is to buy a new injected all aluminium engine, but time and money must recower a little. We should see for this season how well the oilpan an other stuff around the engine works to build the new engine more right from the beginning.
But the biggest part is to sort out the chassis and aero settings. So I am running sensors all around the car to keep records of what happens.
Goran
Old 03-10-2009, 01:29 PM
0Randy@DRM
Former Vendor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by hemipanter
The idea is to buy a new injected all aluminium engine, but time and money must recower a little. We should see for this season how well the oilpan an other stuff around the engine works to build the new engine more right from the beginning.
But the biggest part is to sort out the chassis and aero settings. So I am running sensors all around the car to keep records of what happens.
Goran
When you get there, please let me know. DRM would love to power that thing. This one is on it's way to Italy right now. About 550 RWHP can be had with this one and only about 5 wires to hook up. We have done some pretty crazy things in the past too which you maybe interested in.

Old 03-10-2009, 07:10 PM
hemipanter
Instructor

Originally Posted by Randy@DRM
When you get there, please let me know. DRM would love to power that thing. This one is on it's way to Italy right now. About 550 RWHP can be had with this one and only about 5 wires to hook up. We have done some pretty crazy things in the past too which you maybe interested in.
Absolutely! I am interested in what you have in mind. However, as you see on the film the engine is sitting in a tight space with absolutley no room to spare. The crankchaft is 1,5" from the bottom of the car. So it is a huge job to go through. But we better discuss that matter in privat.
Goran

Get notified of new replies

To Speedlab Corvette statred up!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Speedlab Corvette statred up!