Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

06 C6 stock seats w new 6 pt harness, what about the stock belts

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2009, 08:32 PM
drivinfast
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default 06 C6 stock seats w new 6 pt harness, what about the stock belts

So when get in do I buckle the stock belt so the chime wont ring and then buckle up the 6 pts? Or buckle the stock belt behind the seat. What?
Old 03-10-2009, 11:37 PM
napacruzerc5
Safety Car

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Just go to your Corvette dealer parts department and say "my wife will kill me for asking but can I have a belt extender for her?" They may have to order it for you but its free. Just snap in the extender and the chime should quit. Just don't tell the wife
Old 03-12-2009, 11:40 AM
BEZ06
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 833 Likes on 594 Posts

Originally Posted by vettealot
So when get in do I buckle the stock belt so the chime wont ring and then buckle up the 6 pts? Or buckle the stock belt behind the seat. What?

This doesn't answer your question, butt.....just FYI:

The title of your post says you're using a harness setup with stock C6 seats. Here's an excerpt from some info published about attendance at the NCM HPDE at VIR in June (and the boldface is theirs):

Harnesses – Restraints must be the same for driver and passenger. A driver cannot use a harness unless there is an equal one for the passenger. Harnesses must pass through the seat and not around it and be installed as per manufacturers guidelines. Installation accuracy is the responsibility of the student.
A number of owners have modified their factory seats so that they have holes to pass the shoulder harness through the seat back. It doesn't say it in the NCM document, but many track-day sponsors won't even allow that - they require that if you're using harnesses that you must have a race seat that was manufactured with pass-through holes. I think that's a requirement at PCA events.

Bob

Last edited by BEZ06; 03-12-2009 at 11:44 AM.
Old 03-12-2009, 03:57 PM
naschmitz
Burning Brakes

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

If you unplug the connector that goes to the stock buckle, the car will think the stock belt is buckled and never bother you again. Thank you GM for designing the system to think an open circuit means the belt is buckled!

Below is a screenshot from the 2005 Corvette DVD showing the Corvette engineers testing at the Nurburgring. My harness setup is exactly like that. I can use the factory belts or the harness.

But as Bob points out, you need to know the rules of the organization running the event.

Get notified of new replies

To 06 C6 stock seats w new 6 pt harness, what about the stock belts

Quick Reply: 06 C6 stock seats w new 6 pt harness, what about the stock belts