Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking for input / feedback...

Old 03-15-2009, 01:05 PM
SpeedTeacher
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for input / feedback...

All,

I am putting together an event called the "Ultimate Driver". It is an autocross challenge event. Below are some quick details... we have both a one day option as well as a 'series' option. We provide all the cars... All cars will be on street tires and prepared identically (as identically as possible). We expect runs of approximately of 50 seconds each.

--------------------------------------------

Ultimate Driver - One Day Event

- 100 drivers -

All drivers start in Mazda3's. First round (two or three runs each) is a 'warm' up to learn the course and cars. Round two is one run... take the top half of the field and they advance. Bottom half goes to a consolation bracket.

Once the bracket gets narrowed down to final 5 or 6 drivers, we transition to an Evo and Corvette Z06. Then each driver gets two runs in each car. The top driver (either determined by fastest time in each car, or by adding cumulative time) wins the title of the 'Ultimate Driver'.

Minimum runs... about five. Maximum runs for those in finals... 10 or more.

Ultimate Driver - Series Event - 4 to 6 events per year (approximately one month apart).

100 drivers per series

Format is the same as the one day event, however, points are assessed based on your final position each event. These will be used for year end positioning. Cash prizes awarded at year end based on points.

--------------------------------------------

Eventually these events will be held at the RPM Motorsports Complex, which we are in the process of developing. Until then, we will hold the events in various locations in Northern Indiana. Our site will be just 15 minutes outside of Fort Wayne, IN (in Columbia City, IN).

We will be providing cash prizes to the top finishers. There will be two divisions... one for those with autocross experience and one for those new to the sport. Below are my questions:

1. Does this sound like a fun event? (Is it truly a test to be a good driver in a low power FWD, moderate power AWD and a high power RWD?)

2. How far can I expect people to travel to this event? (We are providing cash prizes to help attendance...)

3. Since we are providing cars (along with all equipment) and cash prizes:

- What would be a good entry fee (for both one day event as well as our 'series' events).

- What would be a cash prize distribution to make it worth attending. How much for 1st place? How many spots to pay?

I have more questions, but this is a good start.

Thank you in advance for your time.

Todd James

The RPM Group / RPM Motorsports.

260-580-7940

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Looking for input / feedback...