Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Texas Mile-Goliad, TX 3/27-3/29

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2009, 11:25 AM
mitchdb
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Texas Mile-Goliad, TX 3/27-3/29

Is anyone going to the Texas Mile in Goliad Texas? It's happeneing on from March 27-29, 2009. I was planning on going but when I got around to signing up, it was booked. I paid my $10 to get on the waiting list but we'll see. My wife and I might go just to watch and maybe someone won't show up so I can be a fill in!

It looks like a blast. If you are not familiar with it, it is a 1 mile flat out pedal to the metal race for top speed. It's kinda like a drag race but the times don't really matter, it's what trap speed you have at the end of the track.

I'd love to hear from anyone that has done it, I have not yet. I've only read about it 100 times and by the time I was sure we had a babysitter, it was booked! So, if not this time, they race again October 17-18, 2009.

The times that I've seen on the website http://www.texasmile.net/ shows C6 Z06 running around 170+MPH. I'm not sure if these cars are stock but my car is so I was hoping I could hit 170 too!

Later,
Mitch
Old 03-17-2009, 03:01 PM
63Corvette
Le Mans Master

Received 283 Likes on 199 Posts

Check your tires Mitch. That's the only thing that matters.
Old 03-17-2009, 05:31 PM
BrianCunningham
Team Owner

Received 239 Likes on 167 Posts

That's actually what I'm building my car for, I want to go back there and try it.
Old 03-18-2009, 08:50 AM
MRZ5
Racer

I will be there. come by and say hey. black 2006 zo6. blue rv with 24' enclosed trailer.

Mike
Old 03-18-2009, 11:03 AM
mitchdb
Instructor

My tires are stock but new.

What kind of car you building?

I will stop by and see ya if we actually make it! Hopefully they will let me race. Are you racing?

Thanks,
Mitch
Old 03-18-2009, 11:56 AM
BrianCunningham
Team Owner

Received 239 Likes on 167 Posts

This thread needs a video

Here's Lou making a run
Old 03-19-2009, 02:28 PM
mitchdb
Instructor

VERY COOL! I'm not that fast yet, gotta take small steps!! HAHA!

I still haven't heard back from anyone from the TX Mile group to find out if there has been any cancellations yet. I would absolutely LOVE to do this but it seems like my chances for now are fading away! But maybe next time!
Old 03-19-2009, 03:09 PM
MRZ5
Racer

if you come up on sunday morning, smaller filed. u will probably get a run. .
Old 03-30-2009, 09:12 PM
mitchdb
Instructor

Mike, did you make it down there to Goliad for the Texas Mile? I got there Friday evening and got registered and tech'd in. I ran 5 times Saturday and 13 times Sunday. That was a BLAST!! My best time of the weekend was 178 mph. Now I'm ready for some mods! I'm just not sure if I want to keep it naturally aspirated and try to build power like that or just go all out with a Supercharger or Twin Turbos. But I need to figure that out before I do anything so I don't start buying stuff that is NOT necessary. I assume there are certain cams for N/A motors vs. Supercharged but I don't really know for sure. But I am ready to make more power.

I highly recommend this to anyone that loves SPEED! This is the fastest I've ever driven my car and to be able to do it legally and safe makes it that much more fun. If nothing else, come for the car show. There were a ton of really nice cars down there. Tanner Foust from Supercars Exposed was there on Friday but my wife wouldn't let me be cheesy and say anything to him. I love that show.

I would like to say a big THANK YOU to a Race Team of Porsche drivers!!!! My clutch fluid was BLACK, those guys gave me some clutch fluid so I could keep on driving. I went down there very unprepared. I basically brought a change of underwear and the wife. I had nothing for the car and if you've ever been to Goliad, TX, you'd realize that there aren't a ton of choice for just going out and buying any kind of useful auto parts.

I am very thankful for my car too, it held up great. We drove it down there, ran 18 times all out and drove it back. It was about 200 miles 1 way, which wasn't too bad, I met several guys from out of state.

If you get a chance to do this, I highly recommend it.

-Mitch
Old 03-30-2009, 10:05 PM
drivinfast
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mitchdb
Mike, did you make it down there to Goliad for the Texas Mile? I got there Friday evening and got registered and tech'd in. I ran 5 times Saturday and 13 times Sunday. That was a BLAST!! My best time of the weekend was 178 mph. Now I'm ready for some mods! I'm just not sure if I want to keep it naturally aspirated and try to build power like that or just go all out with a Supercharger or Twin Turbos. But I need to figure that out before I do anything so I don't start buying stuff that is NOT necessary. I assume there are certain cams for N/A motors vs. Supercharged but I don't really know for sure. But I am ready to make more power.

I highly recommend this to anyone that loves SPEED!

-Mitch

I saw some of your runs and knew you were having fun..maybe this is your car behind the 1113 car

my next door paddock neighbors brought their brand new ZR1 and managed 184mph bone stock with the wind.

Everyone was helped by the wind. Boost Logic new record 246mph....

The wind helped me too...201.43mph

link to vid with car 1113 huge SC doing 203 in front of me
http://www.fquick.com/videos/viewvideo.php?id=8245

Last edited by drivinfast; 03-31-2009 at 12:18 AM.
Old 03-30-2009, 10:18 PM
drivinhard
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

I went down there very unprepared. I basically brought a change of underwear and the wife.
I am sure your wife very much appreciated that
Old 03-31-2009, 12:22 AM
mitchdb
Instructor

I saw the #427 car, was that you? No, that's not me behind 1113 nor in your mirror, I have black rims. Trying to figure out what to do to get my car to 200 mph too. I'm stock with a best run of 178 mph so I've got a long way to go but I want to be around 190 mph in October. Is it better to just supercharge my Z06 or install a ton of bolt ons? Can you install enough bolt ons to equal the power of a supercharger? I just want to start off in the right direction.

Great Pics!

Yes, wife was pleased with me changing the undies! HAHA

Thanks,
Mitch
Old 03-31-2009, 12:31 PM
drivinfast
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes the 427 car is mine. It dawned on me in your avatar there are black rims. SC or turbo with methanol is the way to go
see PM
Old 03-31-2009, 06:37 PM
MRZ5
Racer

yes i did, i was the one who teched your car in, i was in the black zo6 2006 that went 211.9. if you want to go faster, call my buddy's at fuel injection specialties here in san antonio. we can put a cam in. some bolt on's and some spray and you can go 200 next time. I know you can do it on a stock block, because I have done it at the texas mile last october. let me know if you any more iinfo.

thanks mike

I highly recommend this to anyone that loves SPEED! This is the fastest I've ever driven my car and to be able to do it legally and safe makes it that much more fun. If nothing else, come for the car show. There were a ton of really nice cars down there. Tanner Foust from Supercars Exposed was there on Friday but my wife wouldn't let me be cheesy and say anything to him. I love that show.

I would like to say a big THANK YOU to a Race Team of Porsche drivers!!!! My clutch fluid was BLACK, those guys gave me some clutch fluid so I could keep on driving. I went down there very unprepared. I basically brought a change of underwear and the wife. I had nothing for the car and if you've ever been to Goliad, TX, you'd realize that there aren't a ton of choice for just going out and buying any kind of useful auto parts.

I am very thankful for my car too, it held up great. We drove it down there, ran 18 times all out and drove it back. It was about 200 miles 1 way, which wasn't too bad, I met several guys from out of state.

-Mitch
Old 03-31-2009, 07:45 PM
LG Motorsports
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 571 Likes on 292 Posts
St. Jude Vendor Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11

Here is the better and original video. Youtube took the music out.

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/L...ile_195518.htm

We were off racing last week end but we plan on being at the fall run. Already registered.

Our goal is 225+ with the twin turbo set up again and some better tuning. you can see on the video that we went rich at the top end just trying to be safe. Plus with all that hp (1100+) it was hard finding where the gears were because of the engine twisting.

the car was capable of a 215 last fall but the spinning tires and total lack of grip took too long to get going.

The twin turbo is a nice set up because it can have adjustable boost to tame it down for street running.

I recommend this event to anyone who has a need for speed.

Thanks
LG

Last edited by LG Motorsports; 03-31-2009 at 07:59 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Texas Mile-Goliad, TX 3/27-3/29

Quick Reply: Texas Mile-Goliad, TX 3/27-3/29