Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C6 Wheel Options

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2009, 02:12 PM
mbeckers
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Default C6 Wheel Options

Is anyone running C5 speedlines on their C6? Do the C5 wheel offsets work on a C6? I'm looking for economical alternatives to run 18s all the way around on my C6. 19 inch race tires are hard to find used.
Old 03-19-2009, 04:11 PM
rbl
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by mbeckers
Is anyone running C5 speedlines on their C6? Do the C5 wheel offsets work on a C6? I'm looking for economical alternatives to run 18s all the way around on my C6. 19 inch race tires are hard to find used.
I have a C6, Z51.
I have an extra set (repos) of C5 Z06 rears I don't need. I run a set with 305's. No issues. I had the Speedlines and sold them since I could not tell any difference and this wheel is every bit as strong.

I use a C5 rear wheel (18) on the front with a 275. Works very well and scrubs (R888's) are easy to come by for all.

These wheels are cheap, strong and for track that is all I need.
Old 03-19-2009, 04:41 PM
davidfarmer
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 709 Likes on 490 Posts

they should work fine, however don't be surprised if you get a bit of scrubbing here and there if you go with really large tires....this is true of any wheel.

I tried some Repro's, but they were 9lbs heavier per wheel than the Speedlines. I sent them back and paid the extra for the OEM's

Get notified of new replies

To C6 Wheel Options

Quick Reply: C6 Wheel Options