Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C5 rad/diff coolers, what setup are you running?????............................ .....

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2009, 07:37 PM
SteveDoten
Le Mans Master

Received 160 Likes on 125 Posts
Cruise-In VII Veteran

Default C5 rad/diff coolers, what setup are you running?????............................ .....

1. Diff, I'm installing a RPM built C5 diff w/ a C6Z06 rear cover pump, using a Moroso cooler mounted on the rear xmember, real tight w/ the stock Ti exhaust in place

Just wanted to see what the track crew is running

thanks
Old 03-19-2009, 08:46 PM
ajg1915
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by Steve Doten
1. Diff, I'm installing a RPM built C5 diff w/ a C6Z06 rear cover pump, using a Moroso cooler mounted on the rear xmember, real tight w/ the stock Ti exhaust in place

Just wanted to see what the track crew is running

thanks
Hey Steve, if it's a Z06 you could hook it up using the DRM cooler kit. That would not work for me because I don't have the side vents to allow for cold air.

Old 03-19-2009, 10:50 PM
ROBERT@SS
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ajg1915
Hey Steve, if it's a Z06 you could hook it up using the DRM cooler kit. That would not work for me because I don't have the side vents to allow for cold air.

The DRM kit is a good idea and because the rear ducts don't go all the way to the spindle, they're not a whole lot of use anyway, so why not take advantage of that area and put the extra weight low.

My car doesn't have the cutouts either so I cut a rectangle in the rear tub, behind my tag, and built a structure with both heat exchangers mounted side by side. I also cut the center out of the rear floor, allowing the pumps to sit on the passenger's side of the rear horizontal frame rail and the lines are short and run through the tub.

Just another idea, but back to the side ducts, if you have them, go DRM for sure. Randy Rippie is a pleasure to do business with.
Old 03-23-2009, 03:38 PM
Crash94536
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've installed the DRM cooler for the transmission and differential, I ended up fabricating brackets to mount the pumps and radiators just inside the rear wheels (one set on each side).

Works great and after about 15 HDPEs, runs cool and no problems.

Get notified of new replies

To C5 rad/diff coolers, what setup are you running?????............................ .....

Quick Reply: C5 rad/diff coolers, what setup are you running?????............................ .....