Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NEW! C4 Brake Cooling Spindle Ducts – Special Introductory Price

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2009, 10:57 PM
0Lambert_Automotive
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NEW! C4 Brake Cooling Spindle Ducts – Special Introductory Price

We are proud to introduce our new C4 Corvette Brake Cooling Kits on this forum. Along with the introduction we are offering forum members special discount pricing not found on our website.

These ducts are designed to fit the 1988-1996 C4 spindles, and feature 3" diameter tubing.

As with all of our ducts these are designed to direct the incoming air to the center of the rotor for the most efficient and effective cooling.

Installation does require the removal of the hub, but that is relatively simple on the C4, in comparison to the C5 which is why we designed these ducts to install in this manner.

All of our ducts are constructed from 1/8” 6061-T6 aluminum and are TIG welded.

We assure you they will not move or flex, and are simple to install.

You will not find a higher quality duct for the C4 Corvette.

SPECIAL INTRODUCTORY PICE:

Duct Plate Kit - $55.00 + Shipping (includes 1 LH & 1 RH duct, two hose clamps and instructions)

These ducts are in stock right now. Get your orders in and save just in time for the spring racing season.

We do accept all major credit cards and even have a toll free number: 1-888-422-9685.

Please mention this forum special when you place your order.

Thanks,

Jon

Last edited by Lambert_Automotive; 03-23-2009 at 08:18 AM. Reason: Added duct size.
Old 03-23-2009, 08:04 AM
Locke
Racer

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

What size hose are these designed for?

Thanks,
Old 03-23-2009, 08:16 AM
0Lambert_Automotive
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Locke
What size hose are these designed for?

Thanks,
These are designed for 3" hose.
Old 03-23-2009, 08:58 AM
rfn026
Safety Car

Received 272 Likes on 214 Posts

They won't fit the earlier (1984 to 1987) cars?

Richard
Old 03-23-2009, 09:13 AM
0Lambert_Automotive
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by rfn026
They won't fit the earlier (1984 to 1987) cars?

Richard
The spindle design was changed in 1988. These were designed using the 1988-1996 spindle assembly as a template.

If the hub mounting pattern is the same as 88-96 they MAY fit a 1984-87 spindle. If not they definitely will not. (Of course there are many other factors that determine if they will fit or not as well.)

We did not have access to a 84-87 spindle for design.

Thanks,

Jon
Old 03-23-2009, 09:43 AM
BrianCunningham
Team Owner

Received 239 Likes on 167 Posts

Sweet!

I'll be calling you later
Old 03-23-2009, 11:53 AM
c4cruiser
Team Owner

Received 476 Likes on 423 Posts
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Originally Posted by Quantum_Motorsports
The spindle design was changed in 1988. These were designed using the 1988-1996 spindle assembly as a template.

If the hub mounting pattern is the same as 88-96 they MAY fit a 1984-87 spindle. If not they definitely will not. (Of course there are many other factors that determine if they will fit or not as well.)

We did not have access to a 84-87 spindle for design.

Thanks,

Jon
Any thoughts to trying to locate an 84-87 spindle and hub? I would bet that the bolt pattern for the hub mounting flange would be the same as the later cars.

I would be interested if you are going to consider a version for the earlier cars and there may be others out there that are interested too.
Old 03-23-2009, 12:44 PM
0Lambert_Automotive
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by c4cruiser
Any thoughts to trying to locate an 84-87 spindle and hub? I would bet that the bolt pattern for the hub mounting flange would be the same as the later cars.

I would be interested if you are going to consider a version for the earlier cars and there may be others out there that are interested too.
I am certainly open to it. It's always tough when I design for a new model, as the manufacturer usually goes though many changes throughout the product run. Hence I end up having to try to learn about every little change in the spindle/suspension design though the model years. The C4 is no different.

In this case I would probably prefer to send a set to an early C4 car owner to find out if what we have designed will fit before I attempt to track down an actual spindle. If they don't fit just send them back to us.

Any takers?

Jon
Old 03-23-2009, 01:34 PM
LT70ZR91
Burning Brakes

Jon,

I have your C5 set up and love them. I will take a set of your
C4 and check them out. If they do not fit I will return them and send you the C4 front spindles. I believe they will work.

Old 03-23-2009, 02:34 PM
c4cruiser
Team Owner

Received 476 Likes on 423 Posts
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Originally Posted by Quantum_Motorsports
I am certainly open to it. It's always tough when I design for a new model, as the manufacturer usually goes though many changes throughout the product run. Hence I end up having to try to learn about every little change in the spindle/suspension design though the model years. The C4 is no different.

In this case I would probably prefer to send a set to an early C4 car owner to find out if what we have designed will fit before I attempt to track down an actual spindle. If they don't fit just send them back to us.

Any takers?

Jon
I would be happy to test fit them on my 87 and provide pics of the install process and a report for you. Would you PM me with any details if you are interested??
Old 03-24-2009, 09:59 PM
0Lambert_Automotive
Former Vendor

We had guys on the forum beating down the proverbial door for these when we introduced the C5/C6 ducts.... and here we are a couple days later with only a couple sets sold!

Come on guys this is a great price for these and we only run specials like this once maybe twice a year!

Get notified of new replies

To NEW! C4 Brake Cooling Spindle Ducts – Special Introductory Price

Quick Reply: NEW! C4 Brake Cooling Spindle Ducts – Special Introductory Price