Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Jet Hot coating

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2009, 08:40 AM
Wicked Weasel
Team Owner

Received 297 Likes on 94 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05-'08

Default Jet Hot coating

We added jet hot coating to my headers and mid section this winter because the ls7 was generating a lot of heat on the track. We felt that the oil lines were too close to the headers to be comfortable with continuing with heat wrap and the inside tunnel was extremely hot so we sent everything out for extreme coating.

This weekend at NJMP I did some temp checks against another header on a c5 which has a H/C installed.

After we got in the garages I checked my temps and then the uncoated headers temp. I found my temps to be a bit over 200 degrees cooler (180 vs 380).

I also noticed that my temps would drop faster than the uncoated headers while we sat there. This was good news but threw off my initial testing because from the end of the session to the garage I was dropping faster so I don't know what my high temp was compared to the high temp of the uncoated.

Keeping that in mind though I believe that the jet coated headers are staying cooler and cooling down quicker than the uncoated which is all good news.
Old 03-23-2009, 08:46 AM
Allthrottleandsomebottle
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 26 Likes on 13 Posts
Virginia Events Coordinator
Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran
NCM Ambassador

Any of the better coatings will only help for sure
My 4l60e loves coated headers/midsection & to the exhaust muffs/tips.

Quick Reply: Jet Hot coating