Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HELP! Can't find pad info

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2009, 12:18 PM
godzilladude
Pro

Received 114 Likes on 51 Posts

Default HELP! Can't find pad info

I've got a 2009 Vert, it's going to the track in a couple weeks, and I wanted to add some DTC-70s to the front, as I was planning to drive it pretty hard.

I checked Hawk's website to get the part number, didn't have it listed. So I called them, and the guy that answered the phone said that while the HB247U.575 fits the front of a base 2008, the 2009 is DIFFERENT, and they don't have a part number for it yet.

Has anyone put DTC-70s on the front of an '09? Has any put ANY racing pad on the front of a base '09?

Any input would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks!
Old 03-25-2009, 02:14 PM
Bill Dearborn
Tech Contributor

Received 8,928 Likes on 5,333 Posts

What do you mean by drive it pretty hard? Are you going to a track or are you talking about driving on the highway or backroads? The DTC70s are track pads and probably will not work well on the road. Track speeds and braking forces are much more than driving pretty hard on the road gets you.

Bill
Old 03-25-2009, 02:20 PM
godzilladude
Pro

Like I said in the first sentence, going to the track. Eagles Canyon in Slidell, TX, to be specific. It's got some longer straights and some hard braking, from what I've heard and seen.

I'm concerned that the factory pads may start fading on me, so I was looking for some track pads for the day.
Old 03-25-2009, 02:30 PM
BEZ06
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 835 Likes on 595 Posts

I can't tell you about the pads, but I sure would think they are exactly the same pad as earlier year C6's. I think there was a change in the manufacturer of the ABS circuitry (I think Bosch is making the valving and software now), but I would imagine the calipers are the same and would take the exact same pad we've been using in the C6.

I'd be more worried about the brake fluid than the pads, but maybe you've already got that covered.

How are you running a vert on the track???

Most tracks and sponsoring groups won't allow verts unless they have a roll cage.

Have FUN!!!

BTW, I just checked the Corvette Central website:

http://www.parts123.com/parts123/yb.dll?parta~partsort

You can see they say the pads are the same for all C5 and C6 Corvettes from 1997-2009.

Bob

Last edited by BEZ06; 03-25-2009 at 02:37 PM. Reason: Added Corvette Central info
Old 03-27-2009, 04:03 PM
godzilladude
Pro

I called several vendors, and got a consensus that the pads are the same on the 2009 as previous C6's. The person I talked to at Hawk was apparently just wrong.

I ordered a set of Hawk HT-10's. I know they are not the top of the heap, but I'll have to see if I still enjoy this stuff before I upgrade to more expensive stuff. And they should at least take care of brake fade.

Yep, the Motul 600 went in last weekend. Royal Purple oil going in this weekend.

I double-checked with the folks running the event, and they say no problem with being a Vert. One of the other local driving groups, Drivers Edge, said they also don't mind the C6 Vert, as the A pillar structure is reinforced to create a rollover structure (though in a rollover my head would become a point of the rollover structure ). Apex, the in-house guys for Motorsports Ranch in Cresson, said I could run with them, but they wouldn't let an instructor ride with me. Weird.

So it's all good!
Old 03-27-2009, 04:31 PM
BEZ06
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 835 Likes on 595 Posts

Originally Posted by godzilladude
I called several vendors, and got a consensus that the pads are the same on the 2009 as previous C6's. The person I talked to at Hawk was apparently just wrong.

I ordered a set of Hawk HT-10's. I know they are not the top of the heap, but I'll have to see if I still enjoy this stuff before I upgrade to more expensive stuff. And they should at least take care of brake fade.

Yep, the Motul 600 went in last weekend. Royal Purple oil going in this weekend.

I double-checked with the folks running the event, and they say no problem with being a Vert. One of the other local driving groups, Drivers Edge, said they also don't mind the C6 Vert, as the A pillar structure is reinforced to create a rollover structure (though in a rollover my head would become a point of the rollover structure ). Apex, the in-house guys for Motorsports Ranch in Cresson, said I could run with them, but they wouldn't let an instructor ride with me. Weird.

So it's all good!
EXCELLENT!!!

Sounds like you're all set!!

I know Chin Motorsports allows verts, but most of the other sponsors seem to not allow them unless they have a roll bar/cage.

I was at an event last fall that allowed BMW M3 verts, Audi TT's, and several other verts, but they had to have "pop out" roll protection - I guess they have some sort of roll bar that pops out if the car rolls over, something like an airbag activates in a crash.

Have FUN!!!

Bob

Get notified of new replies

To HELP! Can't find pad info

Quick Reply: HELP! Can't find pad info