Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Road America Track Time

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2009, 11:15 PM
trsulliv
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Road America Track Time

If anybody is interested in some track time at Road America, the F-Body club has the track in April. I have run their event in the past and it has been well run. Technically they are parade laps, but the only rule is "no passing in the corners". Here is the link. http://roadamerica.fbody.us/.
Old 03-28-2009, 12:08 AM
Todd Z
Racer

I will be there. See you there.
Old 03-28-2009, 01:30 AM
dvandentop
Race Director

Received 583 Likes on 242 Posts

how many people registered so far??
Old 03-28-2009, 12:03 PM
Todd Z
Racer

Last time I checked it was around 30. People wait for the weather and pay the extra if the weather is nice.
Old 03-28-2009, 03:21 PM
Gary2KC5
Le Mans Master

Received 38 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by trsulliv
If anybody is interested in some track time at Road America, the F-Body club has the track in April. I have run their event in the past and it has been well run. Technically they are parade laps, but the only rule is "no passing in the corners". Here is the link. http://roadamerica.fbody.us/.
There are actually other rules...years ago they used to not have waveby's for the aggerssive group but now it's pretty much the same as a HPDE except only a few instructors and you get to have a passenger along

unless something has changed in the last year...I never heard of the parade lap deal. I used to run with MFBA from 2001-2007 but didn't last year.
Old 03-28-2009, 06:25 PM
trsulliv
Intermediate

"Parade laps" was a term used by a guy when talking to his insurance company after totalling his M Coupe just past the kink a few years back. He did get full value for it. The key point about this event is that it is non-competitive with no lap times posted.
Old 03-30-2009, 12:10 AM
Z06 Whisperer
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Gary2KC5
There are actually other rules...years ago they used to not have waveby's for the aggerssive group but now it's pretty much the same as a HPDE except only a few instructors and you get to have a passenger along

unless something has changed in the last year...I never heard of the parade lap deal. I used to run with MFBA from 2001-2007 but didn't last year.
I've done their events since 2004 (and did do last year's one event..they usually have 2 events/year) and it's just like you describe it Gary! I agree too that they are similar to almost any other HPDE-type event that runs there.

I like running with them! Okay, okay I like almost anything that involves track time

Just FYI their spring Road America event dates are April 18th and 19th and the fall dates, October 3rd and 4th. Here's an info link from tease HERE

A weird coincidence is that when trsulliv mentioned that person's M Coupe (I used to track a LS Blue M Coupe for quite a while), I remembered this pic I had taken of an M Coupe that had crashed up there back in April '04 (that was the only pic I ever took of a crashed car I think--even now I hate to even go around and look at the cars). That was a bad wreck! Heck, there probably has even been some poor person somewhere wreck in a parade lap.

Anyway, hope to see you and Todd and everyone else there!

Get notified of new replies

To Road America Track Time

Quick Reply: Road America Track Time