Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Restraints for C6Z06 and stock seats

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2009, 01:58 PM
Canuck
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Restraints for C6Z06 and stock seats

I am looking to buy 2 sets of restraints for my Z06 and I would like to get some input on what is best suited. Been getting a lot of 'safety' advise but was leaning toward the 6 point with the sub belts mounted at rear of seats ( Sharkbar and sharkbar mounts ) This would mean that I'm sitting on the sub belts. There are systems that have a camlock connector for the sub belts, and systems that utilize D rings on the lap belts and/or should belts. I am not going to put holes in my stock seats nor do I want to go with racing seats. I like to run the Silver State Challenge in Nevada so once or twice a year is all .

Anybody?

Thanks
Terry
Old 03-29-2009, 02:22 PM
davidfarmer
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 711 Likes on 492 Posts

make sure it's legal for your groups, as many groups are no longer allowing harness's unless the seats have proper routing holes.
Old 03-29-2009, 02:39 PM
AU N EGL
Team Owner

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

check the Silver State Challenge tech rules. You might not be able to put the harnesses without a full cage.

In most cases a race seat with proper routing for the belts must be used.

http://www.silverstateclassic.com/

rules: http://www.silverstateclassic.com/docs/2009%20Rules.pdf

section XII

mounting belts per harness manufactures recommendations. ie though the seat holes.

or just use OEM belts in the Touring or newbie category

ie contact the technical director.

Good Luck

Last edited by AU N EGL; 03-29-2009 at 02:49 PM.
Old 03-29-2009, 07:09 PM
Canuck
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks guys.. but I have run both the May and September races and have had the 5 pt harnesses with stock seats. I run in the 150 mph average class as I don't want to put a roll cage in the car. Techs have had no problems with this so far.... but I will check. I ran the Lingenfelter Grandsport last time out... whatta blast. Now I have the C6Z06 and want to see where I can go with this.

Get notified of new replies

To Restraints for C6Z06 and stock seats

Quick Reply: Restraints for C6Z06 and stock seats