Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C6 Alignment settings

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2009, 06:49 PM
MikeFleischer
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default C6 Alignment settings

OK

This has likely been covered to death but I am going to get my car aligned real soon now...

My C6 is a Z51 coupe, lowered to almost the stops front and rear (may want to raise it a bit as its probably too low) . Tires are Goodyear EMT's and I plan to run those bald real soon and go buy some real tires, but probably stick with streets.

Here is what I am thinking:

Front:
Camber -1 to -1.5 (what is recommended?)
Toe: 1/16th out (give the car some more bite on turn in) does it make sense to go with 1/8th?
Castor: No idea here? What is factory and what is the recommended? I am trying to sort what I used on my c5Z and I remember going to the max factory adjustment for this?

Rear:
Camber -3/4 to -1
Toe: 1/16th in

OK what do you guys think?

Also where in Northern IL should I get this done? I know Libertyville Chevy has been recommended, Robert's shop in Aurora is a monster drive from me (I'd go if I had a reason to keep going when he was done on to Autobahn in Joliet ), and I think their is a shop in Mundelein that could do the alignment and corner balancing also as well? Any others? Experiences?

Thanks much!
Old 04-02-2009, 08:15 PM
davidfarmer
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 712 Likes on 493 Posts

what are you doing with the car???????????/
Old 04-02-2009, 10:29 PM
MartyZ51
Instructor

Originally Posted by MikeFleischer
OK
My C6 is a Z51 coupe, lowered to almost the stops front and rear (may want to raise it a bit as its probably too low) . Tires are Goodyear EMT's and I plan to run those bald real soon and go buy some real tires, but probably stick with streets.

Here is what I am thinking:

Front:
Camber -1 to -1.5 (what is recommended?)
Toe: 1/16th out (give the car some more bite on turn in) does it make sense to go with 1/8th?
Castor: No idea here? What is factory and what is the recommended? I am trying to sort what I used on my c5Z and I remember going to the max factory adjustment for this?

Rear:
Camber -3/4 to -1
Toe: 1/16th in
I have the same car with the same setup. I just completed a track alignment and did it at a regional shop that will provide unlimited re-aligment to my provided specs for three years. I'll be running Hoosiers for Road course work.

Front -2.2 Camber
zero Toe out to save tire wear
Caster falls where it falls. The car still centers well

Rear -1.1 Camber
.05 toe in

I plan to insert some additional washers behind the bolts holding the upper A-arms on to get it back to near zero negative camber between track events. This should save substantially on tire wear.
Old 04-02-2009, 10:36 PM
davidfarmer
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 712 Likes on 493 Posts

of course if you add washers, you have to re-set the toe as well each time. And don't forget, those inserts in the frame are Nutserts (helicoils in the C6Z I believe), and can be damaged pretty easily.

OEM calls for around 1/32"/0.1º of Toe Out, so a tiny bit won't hurt tire wear.........
Old 04-03-2009, 04:23 PM
MikeFleischer
Racer

Originally Posted by davidfarmer
what are you doing with the car???????????/
Mostly driving at DE's Not going to race it, I'd get something with a hard roof for that . I drive it on the street, but not a tremedous amount (maybe 2-3k miles a year).

Get notified of new replies

To C6 Alignment settings

Quick Reply: C6 Alignment settings