Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OC Autosports rotors?? anyone try them?

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2009, 02:29 PM
95jersey
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default OC Autosports rotors?? anyone try them?

http://www.ocautosports.com/default.aspx

They make a one piece rotor at practically OEM prices. Unfortunately, there are few affordable rotor choices for the C6Z and this is one of them. I know they are drilled and slotted, but basically everyone making aftermarket (and OEM) one piece for the C6Z are drilled and slotted. OEM are about $120each, these are $130each, so trying to see if anyone has used these before with any luck.
Old 04-06-2009, 02:31 PM
Z06Fix
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would think the DBA slotted rotors would be the perfect OEM replacement for the C6Z. I'm pretty sure they are in the same price range as well
Old 04-06-2009, 03:06 PM
spazegun2213
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Z06Fix
I would think the DBA slotted rotors would be the perfect OEM replacement for the C6Z. I'm pretty sure they are in the same price range as well
I love mine for my C5, and my brake guy is saying they are the best choice for C6's as well...

z06brakes.com!

Last edited by spazegun2213; 04-06-2009 at 03:09 PM.
Old 04-06-2009, 03:19 PM
95jersey
Le Mans Master

Actually, the DBA's are $135 more than OEM. I have not heard that they last any longer than OEM, and for that reason have been cautious on buying them. The OC are much closer to OEM prices, so wanted to see if anyone had any experience with them.
Old 04-06-2009, 11:31 PM
hrtracer
Instructor

Had the OC drilled and slotted on my C5 Z and they lasted 2 run groups at VIR before the left front was cracked all the way thru and the right front was well on its way to the trash can. In my opinion these are for the waxers.

I know the price for 2 piece rotors is hard to swallow but the life span increase and the amount of heat that the 1 piece rotors hold is astounding. You can see upwards of a 100/150 degree difference on the hat of the rotor from 2 piece to 1 piece rotors. Think about what that is doing to your bearings all the way thru your rims and tires... I will never go back to a 1 piece rotor on the front of any track car I own after the tests results I have seen from the tests that I have performed. Get yourself a set from http://performanceafx.com you will not be sorry, it will be the only set of rotors you need for the season.

Old 04-07-2009, 12:25 AM
0Vector Vette
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by hrtracer
Had the OC drilled and slotted on my C5 Z and they lasted 2 run groups at VIR before the left front was cracked all the way thru and the right front was well on its way to the trash can. In my opinion these are for the waxers.

I know the price for 2 piece rotors is hard to swallow but the life span increase and the amount of heat that the 1 piece rotors hold is astounding. You can see upwards of a 100/150 degree difference on the hat of the rotor from 2 piece to 1 piece rotors. Think about what that is doing to your bearings all the way thru your rims and tires... I will never go back to a 1 piece rotor on the front of any track car I own after the tests results I have seen from the tests that I have performed. Get yourself a set from http://performanceafx.com you will not be sorry, it will be the only set of rotors you need for the season.
hrtracer,
Thanks for the endorsement! I have said it all along, Our rotors are a higher initial cost, but lower cost per track day. They are also safer. We have them for the C5/C6, C6 Z51, and C6 Z06. We have also just released our 2 piece rotor for the rear that uses the stock parking brake.

Give us a call if interested.

Robert Finlayson
Performance AFX Motorsports
630-844-0089
Old 04-07-2009, 08:27 AM
BEZ06
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 835 Likes on 595 Posts

Originally Posted by 95jersey
Actually, the DBA's are $135 more than OEM. I have not heard that they last any longer than OEM, and for that reason have been cautious on buying them. The OC are much closer to OEM prices, so wanted to see if anyone had any experience with them.
I don't know anything about the OC rotors, but I run the DBA 4000 on my C6 Z06.

The DBA 4000 doesn't cost much more than the stock rotors.

Tire Rack has the DBA 4000 in C6Z sizes for $148 each.

I'll send you a PM with a source for $136 each.

Bob
Old 04-07-2009, 10:10 AM
95jersey
Le Mans Master

Thanks for the feedback on the OC's. That is kind of what I expected to hear. At this point, unless there is some cheap NAPA option that becomes available, I am going to stay with the OEM's. They are lasting me quite a while. It's been 2 years, and I finally cracked the rear rotor all the way through, so I guess I can't complain.

Get notified of new replies

To OC Autosports rotors?? anyone try them?

Quick Reply: OC Autosports rotors?? anyone try them?