Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Video Camera

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2009, 08:20 PM
Operations
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 231 Likes on 132 Posts

Default Video Camera

Newbe here

I am looking for a video camera for recording events

I have one of those with a hard drive in it, but it stops recording after a few bumps

any sugestions?

Also is a mount on the harnesbar the way to go?

Thanks a bunch
Old 04-07-2009, 08:33 PM
imp zog
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a Panasonic SDR-10 videocamera which uses an SD card for recording, so no issues with vibration. It also has excellent image stabilization, it takes very clear footage in my stock car, and that thing vibrates so badly that I can't see anything in the rear view mirror. They have newer models that do hi def recordings as well, but then you get into a LOT of SD card memory usage. My only complaint about it is that I don't have a remote control for it, so if I mount it behind me on the roll cage, I can't reach it to turn it on and off when I am strapped in.

All that said, there are a number of manufacturers that make an SD card model videocamera now (Panasonic was one of the first) and they don't seem to have any problem with the vibration. Good hunting!
Old 04-07-2009, 09:03 PM
muskaroxs
Instructor

I have used my Flip Mino about 5 times at PDX'S and have nothing but good things to say about it.
Old 04-07-2009, 09:23 PM
johninar
Drifting

I have a Sony that uses mini DV. Never misses a beat.
Old 04-07-2009, 09:31 PM
Last C5
Safety Car

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

I use a Panasonic GS-180 mini dv with a remote that works perfectly. It also has a microphone input so I can use a mic in the back of the Z.(No wind noise, just exhaust note)
Old 04-07-2009, 10:58 PM
SIK02SS
Melting Slicks

Received 33 Likes on 30 Posts

theres a huuuuge thread on corner-carvers about this. a lot of guys use a Panasonic LZ7 because it has a great 720P recorder and has good sound pickup...i'm looking to get one, they are dirt cheap on Amazon right now. for a camera mount, the IO Port mount seems to work great

Get notified of new replies

To Video Camera

Quick Reply: Video Camera