Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NARRA event at Sebring

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2009, 04:55 PM
too fast
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default NARRA event at Sebring

I plan to attend the NARRA event at Sebring on 4/24/09 thru 4/26/09, this used to be called Viper Days. Now the league is open to others makes. Should be a great weekend.
http://www.narraonline.com/

-David
Old 04-11-2009, 07:37 PM
mcar00
Burning Brakes

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by too fast
I plan to attend the NARRA event at Sebring on 4/24/09 thru 4/26/09, this used to be called Viper Days. Now the league is open to others makes. Should be a great weekend.
http://www.narraonline.com/

-David
I ran with those guys last year at Sebring. Even though it was called Viper Days they still opened it up to other makes. A good group of guys (and girls). We had a great time. The only issue I had was that in order to run with the fastest cars you need to have a cage. Have a great time and show them what a Z06 can do!
Old 04-14-2009, 07:13 PM
too fast
Instructor

Bump....if this is your 1st event with NARRA then you get $100 off on registration, also group discounts are possible. I think this will be a great event. Registration also includes a Sat. night dinner.

-David
Old 05-10-2009, 08:57 PM
too fast
Instructor

Narra is back at Sebring this weekend(May 16th and 17th) teaming up with PBOC.

-David
Old 05-11-2009, 04:00 PM
darrahc
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

I ran the NARRA event at Sebring last month and have to say it was a really well organized event with the best support I've ever seen. I was a little leary about bringing a vette to a viper event at first but the guys that run it are a great group of people and are trying to get a more diverse group of cars to participate. Archer racing attends all the events and provides full track side support for anyone that needs it. These guys were doing every thing from changing brake pads for another Z06, installing new Hoosiers (you can buy them on site at a comparable price to any place else) to replacing a transmission for a Viper.

Here are a couple of pics from the last event.

Not as much run off room as what I'm used to at VIR and unfortunately you pay a big price here...

Archer's 'shop'...

Fixing a loose power steering connection on my car that was spewing power steering fluid all over my windshield

Old 05-11-2009, 04:36 PM
GrantB
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I also ran the last Sebring NARRA event, and I agree with darrahc's post. If my car hadn't of broken I would have gotten TONS of traffic-free track time (I only ran two sessions on Sunday, and the first was in the slower blue group). The NARRA staff were extremely helpful and friendly. No registration or tech ***** were present. Registration is expensive compared for a normal HPDE, but its rare to get more than a handful of traffic-free laps when running with other groups around here.

However, this event will be run with the PBOC, so organization might be very different.

darrahc, I was the guy in the pewter C5 FRC who's motor blew. It looks like my PCM mappings for higher coolant temps weren't so great; combined with what was probably some extra ethanol in the 93 octane my #7 cylinder detonated and cracked a (stock) piston (which later became a full-fledged hole).

The funny thing is, my traffic-free quick lap was done with a blowing/blown motor, and they tell me I won my class with a terrible 2:32 I'm not sure how that happened; didn't you get down into the high 2:20s, darrahc?

Last edited by GrantB; 05-11-2009 at 04:41 PM.
Old 05-12-2009, 01:13 PM
Red Gump
Race Director

viper days! great venue, I'd recommend running with them. my first session out I was gridded behind an old r/t and its tag read "by by c5". I made a mental note of his number and after the session I checked the time sheet to see how we compared. I was soooo tempted to pencil in "no no v10..." thought I was hot stuff with a 2:30 till I saw that a c6z ate my lunch with a 2:25.
Old 05-12-2009, 04:47 PM
Timz06
Safety Car

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Hey Gump, you've got me beat, when I ran down there I only got a 2:32...have run with viper days for many years, but not in the past few. They have always allowed all makes, and used to give us a discount of about 50% or so, so I wouldn't get too fired up about 100$ off.
I wouldn't mention the discounts, but since this org is run by different people I don't mind.

Tim

Originally Posted by Red Gump
viper days! great venue, I'd recommend running with them. my first session out I was gridded behind an old r/t and its tag read "by by c5". I made a mental note of his number and after the session I checked the time sheet to see how we compared. I was soooo tempted to pencil in "no no v10..." thought I was hot stuff with a 2:30 till I saw that a c6z ate my lunch with a 2:25.
Old 05-13-2009, 09:51 AM
Red Gump
Race Director

Originally Posted by Timz06
Hey Gump, you've got me beat, when I ran down there I only got a 2:32...have run with viper days for many years, but not in the past few. They have always allowed all makes, and used to give us a discount of about 50% or so, so I wouldn't get too fired up about 100$ off.
I wouldn't mention the discounts, but since this org is run by different people I don't mind.

Tim
let's get teh gang together for next year! I might even have my vette running by then. I hardly think they'd let me run my spec miata, lol.
Old 05-14-2009, 09:06 AM
darrahc
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by GrantB
Ididn't you get down into the high 2:20s, darrahc?
Barely - 2:29. I was a little skittish after seeing some of the carnage so I kept the car in 'Comp' mode which didn't seem any better than having all of the driving nannies on. The track is so rough, the car kept cutting power on some of the faster corners and the only way to get a few more seconds would have been to turn everything off which wasn't an option because I wanted to make sure that I brought the car home in one piece!

Get notified of new replies

To NARRA event at Sebring

Quick Reply: NARRA event at Sebring