Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

driving on street "traction system active" lit up

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2009, 10:25 AM
dvandentop
Race Director

Received 583 Likes on 242 Posts

Default driving on street "traction system active" lit up

i was driving my car back to my place after dropping the trailer off at my friends place. i was on my 305 fronts and 335 rears ccw's. it almost felt like the car locked up the brakes. and the message appear. Seemed to go away after i turned everything off.

Just wondering if this is why it seems to lock up the brakes a little bit due to the larger tire sizes. it was only 4 miles to my place from my friends place.

thanks
Derek
Old 04-12-2009, 11:00 AM
ErnieN85
Safety Car

Received 266 Likes on 223 Posts

The controls monitor speed differences between the front & rear wheels (for traction control) if there is too much difference TC will try to correct it. so............. you may have too much tire diameter on the front, which would bias it toward thinking slip. it first takes out power then applies the brakes if that didn't work. so may be a wheel slipped a bit or you are just to close to the edge for the system to be happy. that is why mine is off all the time.
Old 04-12-2009, 02:05 PM
gkmccready
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Aspect ratio? Diameter?

305/30r18 = 25.2in, 335/30r18 = 25.9in ... wear the rears, have new fronts, and you'll be even closer in diameter which has a good shot at making the car angry.

Get notified of new replies

To driving on street "traction system active" lit up

Quick Reply: driving on street "traction system active" lit up