Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

[video] This vedio is worth watching, every second of it

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2009, 10:57 PM
L98Terror
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W. Detroit Events Coordinator
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran
Cruise-In VII Autocross Champ

Default [video] This vedio is worth watching, every second of it

http://vimeo.com/4141500

Video #1, Race #2 on Sat every second is worth watching the last lap I backed off because I was reminded that Ray was out of class and my power steering was acting funny because it was puking all over the belt. So I just brought her home.

If you don't have time to what the whole thing then at least watch from the green flag to the 1st corner.

I ment Video

Here is Race #1 from sat

http://vimeo.com/4148626

Last edited by L98Terror; 04-14-2009 at 10:47 AM.
Old 04-13-2009, 11:28 PM
Short-Throw
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Great Video!

Love the outside move on the Green! At the 3:32 mark when dirt is thrown up, what happened there? It seems as if the Mustang missed a gear or something, or was he recovering? If only you had known you could have almost skirted right by him. It was at that moment that the 2 cars in front gained some space.

Too bad you couldn't squeeze by as you were clearly faster overall in EVERY corner!

Great driving and staying composed!

Mike
Old 04-13-2009, 11:44 PM
FB#1
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Sweet Vid.

Sounded like you were giving some encouragement when he threw the dirt up on you.

Old 04-13-2009, 11:55 PM
63Corvette
Le Mans Master

Received 283 Likes on 199 Posts

Riveting Video!!! Great racing. Fantastic camera......what kind is it, and how much/where did you get it. Damn fast Mustang! Tire warmers;-)
Old 04-14-2009, 02:26 AM
Lister
Instructor

Thanks for posting this, its a great motivator for this coming weekend. That Mustang was closing the door pretty hard on you. His entries were his weakness and your strength but his exits and getting the power down was working for him. But holt crap that Porsche was a rocket!
Old 04-14-2009, 07:42 AM
PA Z06
Safety Car

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Awesome Start
Old 04-14-2009, 08:16 AM
rasrboy
Melting Slicks

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Nice driving Ken, and thanks for sharing that view. I was watching you guys from madness and you put on a good show.

Aaron
Old 04-14-2009, 09:04 AM
L98Terror
Race Director

Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran

Originally Posted by Short-Throw
Great Video!

Love the outside move on the Green! At the 3:32 mark when dirt is thrown up, what happened there? It seems as if the Mustang missed a gear or something, or was he recovering? If only you had known you could have almost skirted right by him. It was at that moment that the 2 cars in front gained some space.

Too bad you couldn't squeeze by as you were clearly faster overall in EVERY corner!

Great driving and staying composed!

Mike
I give all the credit on the start to my radio guy Shaun, first time on the radio and he nailed the starts, I got burned on the start on my first race ever and have been focused on it since.

The Mustang (Ray Mason) was a little inside and dropped two wheels and then his car kicked sideways so I backed out of it not wanting to jack up both cars, as soon as it look like he had some sort of control I tried to squeeze under him with no prevail.

I was clearly quicker but he had more power & I couldn't overcome that. My goal for the race was just to win my class and bring the car home, but when he got in my sites I figured I really need the practice, so I decided to make him work and I was wondering if I had the ability to keep pressure on for an entire race. This was the first weekend I was driving the car with this set up (entirely new suspension) so learning to drive the car was high on my list of things to do. 3 wins and a track record didn't hurt either.

If you noticed once the white came out I backed off not wanting to risk the car or the win.

Originally Posted by FB#1
Sweet Vid.

Sounded like you were giving some encouragement when he threw the dirt up on you.

I went over to him after the race and said the least you could do is clean my car for not T boning you. Needless to say he didn't, but he did let me by on Sunday's race.

Originally Posted by 63Corvette
Riveting Video!!! Great racing. Fantastic camera......what kind is it, and how much/where did you get it. Damn fast Mustang! Tire warmers;-)
Thanks, it's a Sony DCR-PC9 Mini DV, it's about 7 or 8 years old you can get them on e-bay for a couple hundard bucks
http://cgi.ebay.com/Sony-DCR-PC9-Min...QQcmdZViewItem
Old 04-14-2009, 09:14 AM
L98Terror
Race Director

Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran

Originally Posted by rasrboy
Nice driving Ken, and thanks for sharing that view. I was watching you guys from madness and you put on a good show.

Aaron
Thanks Shady, I need the practice so when you T1 boys come to play I don't get embarrassed again.

I am going to have to retract that statement I made about Katrina after racing Sunday in Rita and then taking Katrina back out for the last "bonus" session on Sunday Rita is coming into her own, I think I still have a ways to go but Gary and Richard are getting me on the right track, the new suspension is way more stable under braking than the street car.

I really think I just needed to learn how to drive her, I got much better as the weekend progressed but I still need a lot of work.
Old 04-14-2009, 09:57 AM
VetteDrmr
Le Mans Master

Received 1,394 Likes on 747 Posts

Ken,

What a great start, and talk about cold tires the first few corners!

Great video, good audio quality (something I always seem to have problems with). Great results for the weekend as well!

Thanks for sharing, and have a good one,
Mike
Old 04-14-2009, 10:45 AM
BrianCunningham
Team Owner

Received 239 Likes on 167 Posts

So, do you have all the bugs worked out yet?
Old 04-14-2009, 10:47 AM
L98Terror
Race Director

Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran

Originally Posted by BrianCunningham
So, do you have all the bugs worked out yet?
Nope, but we are slowly getting there. the first battle is gettiung used to the car before I make any changes.

Here's race #1

http://vimeo.com/4148626
Old 04-14-2009, 03:38 PM
AU N EGL
Team Owner

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

Old 04-15-2009, 11:00 AM
L98Terror
Race Director

Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran

Originally Posted by VetteDrmr
Ken,

What a great start, and talk about cold tires the first few corners!

Great video, good audio quality (something I always seem to have problems with). Great results for the weekend as well!

Thanks for sharing, and have a good one,
Mike
You know it's funny I try not to think about the cold tires/ Brakes because those Hawk DTC are the bomb and Hoosier let's just say I'm confident they will be there for me.

The camera is far enougfh forward so it doesn't get the wind blowing acrossed the mic.

thanks & you're welcome
Old 04-15-2009, 10:54 PM
GAS
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great video Ken! It is apparent you are quicker than that guy it is a shame you couldn't find a spot to get by. I kept thinking you would try a Danny move and get him on the inside going into Thunder Valley. Great start!!!!

Get notified of new replies

To [video] This vedio is worth watching, every second of it

Quick Reply: [video] This vedio is worth watching, every second of it