Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Which Mobile1 engine oil

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2009, 04:19 PM
drbenne
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Which Mobile1 engine oil

Finally ran out of my store of mobile1. I went to store to buy some for oil change and they have many varieties it appears now. I use 5-30 , but does it matter if I get the truck/suv, regular synthetic or Extended performance?
Old 04-24-2009, 05:20 PM
SIK02SS
Melting Slicks

Received 33 Likes on 30 Posts

personally i don't like Mobile 1. some years ago they may have set the bar, but there current line up doesn't offer much. they advertise a 5-30 but really it's a 5-30 when cold, and when it warms up it thins out and changes. Most of there oils do this. That's not what you want out of an oil. People run certain weights for reasons...not because they hope it thins out and changes weight with heat.

Castrol makes great synthetics. A guy on LS1Tech (kind of an oil genius) had some oil analysis done with his C5 and found the Castrol 0-30 to be a very good oil; when you buy look on the back for a small circle and under it says Made in Germany. Most autozones carry it
pic:

Or look into Joe Gibbs Racing fluids XP3 (10-30)...ya i know, CRAPCAR, but they make great oils :emb: . i just ordered some of the Gibbs stuff (pricey ) to give it a try, it's also what my dads engine builder recommends.

but oil is just one of those things where some people like what they've been using for years and years...to each there own on that though..

Last edited by SIK02SS; 04-24-2009 at 05:23 PM.

Quick Reply: Which Mobile1 engine oil