Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Phoenix Arizona Track Event

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2009, 01:11 PM
monkeyzo6
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Phoenix Arizona Track Event

Looks like a track event coming up at the end of May at Firebird Raceway. Anyone interested? Last time I ran on this track I blew the doors of a Porsche GT3, Ferrari 360 Modena, Ford GT.... well, now that I think about it, my only real competition was another C6 Zo6!

Hope some of you can make it.

www.epochmotorsports.com
Old 04-27-2009, 01:02 AM
Lister
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In case you are interested there is another event with ProAutoSports on 5/9-10 at Firebird Main (www.proautosports.com). They run there monthly and the price is very reasonable. I have been running with them for about 5 years now. Very well organized and safe.
Old 04-27-2009, 09:49 PM
monkeyzo6
Instructor

Yes, I also run with them, but dont like how full the track gets for the groups. Thanks for the option.
Old 04-28-2009, 12:09 AM
ptindall
Team Owner

Received 45 Likes on 27 Posts

$795 per day?!!??! WTF? No wonder they only have exotics. I think I'll stick with my $140 per day Proautosports. Which, BTW, is usually pretty thin in the advanced group on Sunday. Especially in the later sessions.
Old 04-28-2009, 12:12 AM
Lister
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes it can get a bit crowded at times in PASA, especially on the free day in December. I used to go on Fridays since it was a bit less full but sometimes it is hard to get out threre on a work day. Sundays are my second choice since they seem a bit less crowded. It also depends on which group you run in and if any clubs are being featured. I usually call in advance and check that out before I register so I can avoid the crowd. Good luck at the Epoch event, I may have to give them a try in the future.
Old 04-28-2009, 06:06 PM
monkeyzo6
Instructor

Its only $795 for brand new drivers! Returning drivers pay a lot less, and the time trial event is a blast! 3 laps, with only you on the track, I LOVE IT.
Its still more expensive, but way, way fewer people. They limit the attendance to 30 drivers total.

Originally Posted by ptindall
$795 per day?!!??! WTF? No wonder they only have exotics. I think I'll stick with my $140 per day Proautosports. Which, BTW, is usually pretty thin in the advanced group on Sunday. Especially in the later sessions.

Get notified of new replies

To Phoenix Arizona Track Event

Quick Reply: Phoenix Arizona Track Event