Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

enduros: expense sharing opinions

Old 05-04-2009, 01:57 PM
Red Gump
Race Director

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default enduros: expense sharing opinions

how do you guys approach expenses for a race if you're the car owner? what do you do if your co-driver damages your car? what if your car has a mechanical?

I've been lucky thus far and had neither of the above happen but as I race more I'm sure one or the other will eventually be an issue.
Old 05-04-2009, 02:42 PM
mousecatcher
Melting Slicks

for damage, normally whoever is driving at the time pays all costs incurred ... regardless of cause.
Old 05-06-2009, 01:20 PM
Red Gump
Race Director

anyone else?
Old 05-06-2009, 01:31 PM
0Randy@DRM
Former Vendor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I shared my former ice racing car and have drove many others. Driver pays for major problems, the big one. Dents, scratches, and other little crap just doesn't count. Mechnicals are a different story, if the engine blows up, it's kinda on the owner of the car, unless during a over rev. If the tranny is grinding like crazy and the driver doesn't stop driving then it's on the driver. If it's going away because it's been raced like crazy then it on the owner.
You really need to have a ton of trust and confidence in the person that is driving your car.

My buddy worked on the car with me all the time and the other driver that I let run my car would do just about anything for me, in racing and life in genral. When things go wrong we talk and make a plan.

Randy

Get notified of new replies

To enduros: expense sharing opinions

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: enduros: expense sharing opinions