Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Grattan replaces Bluegrass for June NASA event

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2009, 08:24 AM
mrc24x
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Default Grattan replaces Bluegrass for June NASA event

Dear Matt,

Here is a Speedy Update for you -

The BlueGrass event update -

BlueGrass Motorsports Park should be one fun track to drive, perhaps in 2010. I have been in frequent communication with Brad Poppel, President of BlueGrass, and we expect to hold one or two events at the facility each year in the future, maybe as early as 2010. Our major concern is twofold. First and foremost is the high likelihood that even if the top coats of asphalt are completed, the track will not have adequate safety in place to conduct a full competition race. Second, we believe our NASA Great Lakes drivers will come out in droves to attend our inaugural event at the track and the paddock space will not be ready to accommodate everyone. With these two factors, and others not mentioned, I am canceling the BlueGrass event for June 6th and 7th, 2009.

The NASA Great Lakes team has been working hard in the background for weeks on an alternate plan so we can maintain a full race schedule and give all drivers a place to get away once a month. In place of BlueGrass, we have arranged to go back to Grattan Raceway on June 5th and 6th. Now before you check your calendar, know this is a Friday and Saturday. We have options on how to format these two days to best serve your interests and we want your input. Please take a moment to follow the link below and let us know which format you would prefer for this event. This is a single question survey and will take less than 60 seconds to complete. This survey will be open until Wednesday, May 13 and will be used in determining the final event format, which will be announced at Putnam Park next week.

Grattan Event Survey link - I am going to Grattan and want to take the Survey.
Old 05-09-2009, 08:38 AM
L98Terror
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W. Detroit Events Coordinator
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran
Cruise-In VII Autocross Champ

This makes me very Happy, not that Bluegrass is gone but that Grattan has been added
Old 05-11-2009, 01:28 PM
ScaryFast
Safety Car

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Matt are you coming up to run PTA, or is it going to be just me vs. Ken in ST2? He'll kick my ****.

Get notified of new replies

To Grattan replaces Bluegrass for June NASA event

Quick Reply: Grattan replaces Bluegrass for June NASA event