Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Xpipe legal change for Z06 in SCCA SuperStock?

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2009, 09:51 PM
Rod B
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Xpipe legal change for Z06 in SCCA SuperStock?

Just wondering if anyone can chime in on thoughts as to whether or not an xpipe is legal on a C5 Z06 in SCCA stock rules? As you probably know, the exhaust requires cutting to install an xpipe. Based on the following rule, I've always thought it was legal. However, I read an alternate opinion on that saying it was NOT legal because the OEM part (that includes the Cats), ends at the flange where the muffler's connect.

Rule:
Any part of the exhaust system beyond (downstream from) the
header/manifold or catalytic converter, if so equipped, may be
substituted or removed provided the system meets the require-
ments of 3.5 and 3.3.3.B.15.

Last edited by Rod B; 05-16-2009 at 09:55 PM.
Old 05-16-2009, 10:16 PM
thehammer69
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rod B
Just wondering if anyone can chime in on thoughts as to whether or not an xpipe is legal on a C5 Z06 in SCCA stock rules? As you probably know, the exhaust requires cutting to install an xpipe. Based on the following rule, I've always thought it was legal. However, I read an alternate opinion on that saying it was NOT legal because the OEM part (that includes the Cats), ends at the flange where the muffler's connect.

Rule:
Any part of the exhaust system beyond (downstream from) the
header/manifold or catalytic converter, if so equipped, may be
substituted or removed provided the system meets the require-
ments of 3.5 and 3.3.3.B.15.
In Stock class you can't touch anything from Cats forward. So in the case of the vette, you can modify the exhaust immediately after the rear most cat.
Old 05-16-2009, 10:33 PM
Z06Fix
Drifting

Any advantage to going with the X instead of the factory H?
Old 05-16-2009, 10:52 PM
Rod B
Advanced

That's what I thought hammer, but I'm still worried. Now, if you were in SS (and had an Xpipe) instead of ASP, I'd feel better. There is comfort in numbers!!

Z06Fix: Nothing major, I think a few HP and it does sound a bit different (I like it better).

I found the link to the alternate interpretation of the rules. I would have posted this question over there, but I can't remember my password and my reset request doesn't seem to be going through.
http://sccaforums.com/forums/permali...ad.aspx#310408

Pretty sure that "TeamRX8" posts here as well, so thought I might get some Z06 specific info on it...

Rod

Last edited by Rod B; 05-16-2009 at 10:54 PM.
Old 05-21-2009, 09:32 PM
Rod B
Advanced

Bump. More feedback would be greatly appreciated!
Old 05-22-2009, 11:52 AM
0MrPickles
Former Vendor

You Can change anything from the cat-back. Now the H/X pipe sits behind the cats, so technically it is legal. I think the stock rule was written to mean the exhaust basically from the tip(or exit point) to the first bolt (connecting it to the exhaust system).

If it is unclear, sending email to the SEB/SAC for clarification would be the best route.

To be safe, I would not change it, just in case ....come to SSM and help out us Corvettes against them rotards!

good luck!

Last edited by MrPickles; 05-22-2009 at 11:54 AM.
Old 05-23-2009, 12:29 AM
Rod B
Advanced

Originally Posted by MrPickles
You Can change anything from the cat-back. Now the H/X pipe sits behind the cats, so technically it is legal. I think the stock rule was written to mean the exhaust basically from the tip(or exit point) to the first bolt (connecting it to the exhaust system).

If it is unclear, sending email to the SEB/SAC for clarification would be the best route.

To be safe, I would not change it, just in case ....come to SSM and help out us Corvettes against them rotards!

good luck!
Thanks for the info. I set up a new account and asked over here (http://sccaforums.com/forums/15/334487/ShowThread.aspx). Got responses from a couple of National Champions saying it's legal, so I guess that's that!

I might be in SSM or ASP some day, but I think I'll have to wait until my kids are a little older... No time these days for all the work required!!

Get notified of new replies

To Xpipe legal change for Z06 in SCCA SuperStock?

Quick Reply: Xpipe legal change for Z06 in SCCA SuperStock?