Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Kudos to VBP

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2009, 03:33 PM
STEVEN13
Melting Slicks

Received 112 Likes on 92 Posts

Default Kudos to VBP

Just wanted to pass along the postive customer service from VBP.

I purchased their adjustable front spring (C4 1070lbs) and had some issues with the adjustment bolts/stops. I ended up needing the longest ones they have. Gary and Steve (I think it was Steve) always took my calls and answered all my questions.

Other issues with this spring is the close proximity to the factory sway bar mount and the procedure to adjust the spring.

With the sway bar mount issue, I purchased heim joints and bar 3.5 inches from Jegs. The heim joints are 3/8" so the factory collar was too big (its metric). VPB made me up a special collar to work with the new sway bar mount I made-FOR FREE!!

Also note that I also lowered the rear.

To adjust the spring I recommend taking the wheel off and placing a piece of wood on the spring and jacking up to take all tension off. Then turn the adjuster by hand to the desired height. I only mention this because the spring does not come with instructions and the insert may come loose if there is tension on it.

I have not taking it to the track yet put will post my results when I do.

Steve

Last edited by STEVEN13; 07-26-2009 at 03:34 PM. Reason: Grammer

Quick Reply: Kudos to VBP