Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Phoenix CMR @ WGI - fun 2 days

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2009, 10:43 AM
Wicked Weasel
Team Owner

Received 297 Likes on 94 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05-'08

Default Phoenix CMR @ WGI - fun 2 days

Just wanted to give Joe and his team a thumbs up for putting on a good event. Well organized and very safe. Everyone in the advance group was very aware of their surroundings and for the amount of people on the track and the variance in power I found that there was very little time stuck in traffic.

It was also great to meet the folks I have only talked to on the forum. Putting a face with a name is always nice.

I will have to put this event on my list for next year.

Bob

Last edited by Wicked Weasel; 08-19-2009 at 02:11 PM.
Old 08-19-2009, 02:02 PM
WYCKD 1
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It was a great event.

lauri
Old 08-19-2009, 07:01 PM
GettReal
Le Mans Master

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Wicked Weasel @ ECS
Just wanted to give Joe and his team a thumbs up for putting on a good event. Well organized and very safe. Everyone in the advance group was very aware of their surroundings and for the amount of people on the track and the variance in power I found that there was very little time stuck in traffic.

It was also great to meet the folks I have only talked to on the forum. Putting a face with a name is always nice.

I will have to put this event on my list for next year.

Bob

I agree, lots of fun... and have I mentioned how much I love the Glen, great seeing fellow forum members there and as mentioned the advanced group was fast and safe.. no issues at all and almost NO traffic. My best lap was a 2:16 and in this vid clip you can see the amount of traffic I saw.

Thanks Joe for a great event and to Keith for letting us know about it was great to meet you ... and Don.. and Brad and Kevin, and good to see Bill D again.

Steve

Last edited by GettReal; 08-19-2009 at 08:45 PM.
Old 08-19-2009, 07:04 PM
dcvee
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yep, had a lot of fun...except for some reason, the glen seems to always bite us. I went to the same event last year with my turbo M3, made 5 laps and smoked the clutch!! Previous year, the 2nd day rained out. This year Brad bit the dust in 3 laps when his diff started singing to him

Anyway, I did meet 4-5 Vette drivers. Nice chatting Bob!! And Steve that vert of yours is SCHWEEET!! Thanks for showing me around it. Lauri, you got a sweet ride there too...I think that was you in the blue group too. I recognize the license plate. Nice driving!

Don.. in the blue group#62 !!
Old 08-19-2009, 09:24 PM
dcvee
Instructor

Originally Posted by GettReal
and almost NO traffic.
Thanks Joe for a great event and to Keith for letting us know about it was great to meet you ... and Don.. and Brad and Kevin, and good to see Bill D again.

Steve
Nice lap Steve....I wish that was the case (no traffic) in Group 2!!! Also, in case anyone is interested in some random shots http://www.tracktimephotos.com/gallery.php has some albums on the right side of the page...17th and 18th.

Don

Last edited by dcvee; 08-19-2009 at 09:30 PM.
Old 08-20-2009, 08:48 AM
kmagvette
Burning Brakes

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by GettReal
I agree, lots of fun... and have I mentioned how much I love the Glen, great seeing fellow forum members there and as mentioned the advanced group was fast and safe.. no issues at all and almost NO traffic. My best lap was a 2:16 and in this vid clip you can see the amount of traffic I saw.

Steve
It was nice to meet our Canadian friends and Bob (Sire Weasel). Hopefully you had a blast and will sign up again next year. A few more Corvettes and we just might take over the event. Be sure to sign up early and you will get a garage space; there is no charge for garages.

Hope to see you again next year,

Keith

Last edited by kmagvette; 08-22-2009 at 07:44 AM.
Old 08-20-2009, 08:55 AM
argonaut
Burning Brakes

Received 46 Likes on 36 Posts

LOL - in spite of spending only three laps on the track I got a nice photo out of it. Too funny, almost makes me cry...sniff, sniff.

Brad

Click Here

Last edited by argonaut; 08-20-2009 at 09:19 AM.
Old 08-20-2009, 09:27 AM
DOUG @ ECS
Premium Supporting Vendor

Location: Providing the most proven supercharger kits for your C5/6/7 609-752-0321
Received 1,084 Likes on 656 Posts

Old 08-20-2009, 10:35 AM
Wicked Weasel
Team Owner

Received 297 Likes on 94 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05-'08

Originally Posted by argonaut
LOL - in spite of spending only three laps on the track I got a nice photo out of it. Too funny, almost makes me cry...sniff, sniff.

Brad

]
Nice pic.

I just ordered 2. One I had the view before but wanted updated pic and the other with the wgi sign I never had before.

Old 08-20-2009, 11:51 AM
dcvee
Instructor

Originally Posted by argonaut

Brad

Click Here

LOL!! I saw that last night and wanted to call you but it was late...hehehe. There's actually TWO of you.

I even made the cam:

Check out the lack of camber on the rear wheel on this one

Also, does anyone know who was driving the light blue C6Z06 with the wing on the back in Group 2? I wanted to talk to him several times but never made it. VERY good driver, VERY fast.

Don

Last edited by dcvee; 08-20-2009 at 11:56 AM.
Old 08-21-2009, 07:46 PM
Ol'55
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10

Great posts guys! Thanks Gettreal for the video tour of Watkins Glen. I'll be putting The Glen on my to do list as soon as I get a roof. (yeah, Convertible owner working on a second Vette as we speak.)
Old 08-21-2009, 08:29 PM
Bill Dearborn
Tech Contributor

Received 8,919 Likes on 5,328 Posts

I had a great time as well. My new Z turned out to be everything I was hoping for. It was also nice to meet everybody and especially John Powell. I imagine it has been a while since somebody told him how much they liked the Corvette Challenge Series but I felt like I should tell him how much I really liked those races. That was some Saturn ION he was driving. It had a supercharge sitting under the hood.

Bill

Get notified of new replies

To Phoenix CMR @ WGI - fun 2 days

Quick Reply: Phoenix CMR @ WGI - fun 2 days