Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

secondary brake ducting - got pictures?

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2009, 01:43 AM
longdaddy
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default secondary brake ducting - got pictures?

i rememeber someone mentioning secondary brake cooling system that channels the air from under the car towards the caliper, in addition to the one that feeds the air into the spindle mount from the opening in the front of the car through the DRM ducting (C5)

I am interested in trying this out - does anyone have pictures of such setup? I know some Porsches use similar setup - feeding the air from under the car towards the brakes, but I have never seen such setup in person.
Old 08-22-2009, 12:45 PM
John Shiels
Team Owner

Location: Buy USA products! Check the label! Employ Americans
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by longdaddy
i rememeber someone mentioning secondary brake cooling system that channels the air from under the car towards the caliper, in addition to the one that feeds the air into the spindle mount from the opening in the front of the car through the DRM ducting (C5)

I am interested in trying this out - does anyone have pictures of such setup? I know some Porsches use similar setup - feeding the air from under the car towards the brakes, but I have never seen such setup in person.

Porsche uses a type of scoop on the a-arm to direct air upward. A Viper vendor also sells a similar product. I bought the scoops from Porsche but never solved how to mount them half way easy.

Quick Reply: secondary brake ducting - got pictures?