Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How to mount Accusump

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2009, 08:26 AM
Lt1er
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default How to mount Accusump

I bought the accusump and I can't figure out how to do the connection. I bought the sandwich between the oil filter, but the hoses would run out into the headers. So how did you do yours?

Also the filter element would end up into the headers also. I have the older style chevy small block and accusump was not helpful when I called
Old 08-29-2009, 09:45 AM
Wayne O
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

I don't know in your specific application but maybe the sandwich adaptor won't work for you. Maybe you'll need to tap a threaded port directly into the oil gallery (if one you can use doesn't already exist). I'd have an experienced auto mechanic/machinist do this if need be.

FWIW here's a couple links about an Accusump in the C6:

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/auto...reference.html

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/auto...-question.html

Mine is mounted under the left fender of my C6 (much like the one pictured in the first thread). I use a sandwich adaptor and it clears my LG headers OK. There's one small space at the bottom rear of the wheel well where the line looks a bit exposed to rocks coming-off the tire but I added shielding around the line to protect it (a hard plastic cover wrapped in metallic tape). Good luck.
Old 08-29-2009, 10:22 AM
lbarnard
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a Moroso Accumulator that is connected to the block not via the sandwich method. I have an LS3 in my C5 ZO6. David Farmers website has some valuable info along with a parts list. He is a C5 forum member as well. Great source for information. I have the canister inside the driver side fender. My setup has a solenoid with a relay no switch required in the cab.

Get notified of new replies

To How to mount Accusump

Quick Reply: How to mount Accusump