Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

low oil pressure chime c6z06

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2009, 01:55 PM
dvandentop
Race Director

Received 583 Likes on 242 Posts

Default low oil pressure chime c6z06

anyone ever get the low oil pressure message on dic when running on the corners at the track? i was on a hard left hander pulling 1.1x g's on the hud, oil pressure was real low like 18psi after the chime went off so immediately got off the gas and took it easy to the pits added some oil (1qt after 5 min cool down)and didnt see if the rest of the day.

i had heard the chime 1 time before it also earlier in the day but though it was just the buckle seat belt message.

oil temps were in the 260 range.
Old 08-29-2009, 03:22 PM
davidfarmer
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 712 Likes on 493 Posts

18psi isn't that low, but I've never seen a warning. I often see oil pressure off-throttle (and idle) around 20, but if it's getting low enough to see a warning then something is amiss. 1.1g isn't that much either.

I really do wish the pumps were setup to maintain pressure. In the LS6 you could easily shim the bypass spring to boost pressure slightly.....don't know if that's possible with the dual-stage LS7 pump.
Old 08-30-2009, 07:34 PM
MA ZO6
Burning Brakes

Received 79 Likes on 41 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

Originally Posted by dvandentop
anyone ever get the low oil pressure message on dic when running on the corners at the track? i was on a hard left hander pulling 1.1x g's on the hud, oil pressure was real low like 18psi after the chime went off so immediately got off the gas and took it easy to the pits added some oil (1qt after 5 min cool down)and didnt see if the rest of the day.

i had heard the chime 1 time before it also earlier in the day but though it was just the buckle seat belt message.

oil temps were in the 260 range.
I have never heard of anyone with a C6 ZO6 having the low oil message on the display, are you sure the warning chime wasn't for something else?

Carefull on adding to much oil to a C6 ZO6, that will make them burp on the track and put oil into your intake.

John

Get notified of new replies

To low oil pressure chime c6z06

Quick Reply: low oil pressure chime c6z06