Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ron Davis Radiator+EOC+TOC

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2009, 04:17 PM
gkmccready
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Ron Davis Radiator+EOC+TOC

TC Design did the install, and I'm glad I paid them to. The car was up and down on the lift many times and with oil, coolant and tranny fluid involved I was happy not to be doing it on my driveway.

The last time I was at Thunderhill (Willows, CA, USA) it was near 100F and I was seeing 300+F on the oil. Yesterday I was out there running in near 100F heat again, and the data logger recorded a maximum of 221F on the water, unfortunately the logger doesn't get the oil temperature data off the OBDII/CAN port.

When I checked the oil temperature after a handful of clear laps at the beginning of a session near the end of the day I saw 207F water, 253F oil when pulling in mid-session. That is a huge improvement from seeing 300F at the end of a cool down lap previously!

My C6 Z51 car is entirely stock in the motor department, down to the stock air filter.

Thanks Randy@DRM! The set up worked great!
Old 08-29-2009, 05:54 PM
C6400hp
Safety Car

Location: DFW This user does not support or recommend the product or service displayed in the ad to the right
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by gkmccready
TC Design did the install, and I'm glad I paid them to. The car was up and down on the lift many times and with oil, coolant and tranny fluid involved I was happy not to be doing it on my driveway.

The last time I was at Thunderhill (Willows, CA, USA) it was near 100F and I was seeing 300+F on the oil. Yesterday I was out there running in near 100F heat again, and the data logger recorded a maximum of 221F on the water, unfortunately the logger doesn't get the oil temperature data off the OBDII/CAN port.

When I checked the oil temperature after a handful of clear laps at the beginning of a session near the end of the day I saw 207F water, 253F oil when pulling in mid-session. That is a huge improvement from seeing 300F at the end of a cool down lap previously!

My C6 Z51 car is entirely stock in the motor department, down to the stock air filter.

Same thing I have and it works awesome in the Texas heat I cant thank John at 21st century muscle cars enough for suggesting it.
The guys at Ron Davis are extremely helpful if you have any issues as well, first rate all the way around!
Old 08-30-2009, 12:08 AM
oldmansan
Safety Car

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by gkmccready

Thanks for posting.

San
Old 08-30-2009, 06:57 AM
AU N EGL
Team Owner

Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts

Old 08-30-2009, 08:21 AM
DMARSHALL100
Advanced
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just finished getting mine installed. Prior to install running 290 oil temps in 15 minutes at CMP. After install, oil temps of 235 at VIR.

Thanks to Randy at DRM
Old 08-30-2009, 01:39 PM
mgarfias
Drifting

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts

Similar experiences with my Ron Davis setup (minus the trans cooler). Great stuff.

Get notified of new replies

To Ron Davis Radiator+EOC+TOC

Quick Reply: Ron Davis Radiator+EOC+TOC