Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I hope all our CA friends are OK

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2009, 09:03 AM
ghoffman
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cruise-In II Veteran

Default I hope all our CA friends are OK

I see the news about the fires, and I hope all of you are OK. You can all ship your race cars and parts here for safe keeping if you want, especially any new Hoosiers. Let the house burn, but get the race cars in a safe place. Seriously, take care everone.
Old 09-01-2009, 09:49 AM
BrianCunningham
Team Owner

Received 239 Likes on 167 Posts

Lost 2 firefighters

http://news.aol.com/article/thousand...ldfires/623632

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...hreatened.html

Published: 9:57PM BST 30 Aug 2009
Los Angeles fire worsens, 10,000 homes threatened
The fire started on Wednesday above the exclusive community of La Canada Flintridge Photo: AP

Residentsin the north were urged to evacuate as the 4-day-old blaze nearly doubled in size overnight and headed into the Antelope Valley. To the south, mandatory evacuations remained in effect.

Some 500 commercial buildings were also in danger, as was Mount Wilson, the nexus for key telecommunications facilities, including TV and radio transmission towers, the US Forest Service said.

The fire that started on Wednesday above the exclusive community of La Canada Flintridge was only 5 per cent contained but firefighters were hopeful that they would benefit on Sunday from slightly cooler temperatures, just below 100 degrees Fahrenheit (37 Celsius). The cause of the fire is being investigated.

Dense smoke filled the skies over the foothills and prompted authorities to issue health warnings for the Los Angeles basin.

Fire officials said the fire had consumed more than 55 square miles of dry brush in the western portion of the Angeles National Forest.

Arnold Schwarzenegger, California's governor, declared a state of emergency in Los Angeles County last week in response to four fires in the area.
Old 09-01-2009, 10:29 PM
fatbillybob
Melting Slicks

Received 205 Likes on 161 Posts

I'm 1 mile from the palos verdes fire. It was no big deal. Choppers bombed with water and all was ok. North of LA is a different story...
Old 09-02-2009, 03:29 PM
BrianCunningham
Team Owner

Received 239 Likes on 167 Posts

NASA pic of the fires
Old 09-03-2009, 10:27 AM
Janet Curran
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08

Both Vettes are now back home after evac. Thanks to all our amazing firefighters working on the ground & in the air.
Janet

Get notified of new replies

To I hope all our CA friends are OK

Quick Reply: I hope all our CA friends are OK