Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Whats a good track data logging system (monitor)

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2009, 12:18 PM
trapp
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Whats a good track data logging system (monitor)

I want to track my G's and Oil Pressures while tracking the car....

Anyone have a good system thats fairly simple and not going to kill me on $$$$

Trapp
Old 09-02-2009, 12:39 PM
97C5inSD
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

How much you looking to spend? i've been pretty happy with my Traqmate about 1000 for the complete unit and you can add what you want for logging too. you can then also later add chase cams to the setup for video that till turn the camera on and off without you haveing to mess with the camera.
Old 09-02-2009, 12:48 PM
imp zog
Racer

Originally Posted by 97C5inSD
How much you looking to spend? i've been pretty happy with my Traqmate about 1000 for the complete unit and you can add what you want for logging too. you can then also later add chase cams to the setup for video that till turn the camera on and off without you haveing to mess with the camera.
I like the TraqMate datalogger as well, but I ended up returning the ChaseCam system (I also had ordered the PIP second camera). The camera system was a neat idea as it fully integrates with the data logger, but the actual picture quality had a lot of issues with it (over-saturation of the picture if the cockpit is dark and bright outside, PIP unit created horrible diagonal lines, etc). I ended up picking up a VIO POV camera and am *much* happier with it for about 1/3 the money. The TraqStudio software will supposedly integrate the data with my video, but I haven't had the time to play with that stuff yet.
Old 09-02-2009, 12:53 PM
97C5inSD
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by imp zog
I like the TraqMate datalogger as well, but I ended up returning the ChaseCam system (I also had ordered the PIP second camera). The camera system was a neat idea as it fully integrates with the data logger, but the actual picture quality had a lot of issues with it (over-saturation of the picture if the cockpit is dark and bright outside, PIP unit created horrible diagonal lines, etc). I ended up picking up a VIO POV camera and am *much* happier with it for about 1/3 the money. The TraqStudio software will supposedly integrate the data with my video, but I haven't had the time to play with that stuff yet.
The traqstudio works well i have combined many vids and session. sorry to hear about the camera setup i just got a chase cam this summer and only have had a chance to use it once and i was very happy with it. Granted it was a slightly overcast day so mabey that made a diffrence

Get notified of new replies

To Whats a good track data logging system (monitor)

Quick Reply: Whats a good track data logging system (monitor)