Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vicious-Z06 Super Brake cooling Mod.. Pics

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2009, 07:49 PM
Vicious-Z06
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vicious-Z06 Super Brake cooling Mod.. Pics

I do quite a bit of road course with the Z and I have alot of mods done to the car. Even after the Spindle duct mod my brakes were still getting very hot. I always felt like the scoops from under the car never gave enough air. So I went modding... I know most won't hack up the Z but I think the mod cme out very clean, and in it works. I Never had fade issues with the StopTechs, but they were wearing out very fast and I would loose a little bite. After a 20 min session my Calipers would be 560 degrees and the rotors were 650+.
This mod has worked so well, I need to get a few laps in just to get the breaks up to temp. I didn't find anyone with the infared temp gauge so i haven't been able to re-checK. I'll try on sept 18 when I hit Monticello.

Old 09-05-2009, 08:08 PM
davidfarmer
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 712 Likes on 493 Posts

looks like a very clean upgrade, but I'd be concerned about stealing air from the cooling system. It's marginal at best on these cars without taking any away.......

btw, 650deg rotors aren't that hot by race car standards, although getting accurate measurements isn't easy.
Old 09-05-2009, 11:32 PM
AlwaysInBoost
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

nice clean install. from the pics it looks like a set of NACA ducts would fit perfect in the front bumper.
http://www.racerpartswholesale.com/p...41/Naca_Ducts2
Old 09-06-2009, 07:59 AM
davidfarmer
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 712 Likes on 493 Posts

Ideally, I'd pull the fog lights and put big square ducts there. That's the way I did my World Challenge C6. Not very attractive on a street car however.
Old 09-06-2009, 12:42 PM
Vicious-Z06
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by davidfarmer
looks like a very clean upgrade, but I'd be concerned about stealing air from the cooling system. It's marginal at best on these cars without taking any away.......

btw, 650deg rotors aren't that hot by race car standards, although getting accurate measurements isn't easy.
So far so good. On a 98 degree day at NJMSP I only hit 230 on the coolant temps after 20 min.
Old 09-06-2009, 01:00 PM
GeorgeZNJ
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 38 Likes on 32 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09

Looks good, functional, and cost efective.

Get notified of new replies

To Vicious-Z06 Super Brake cooling Mod.. Pics

Quick Reply: Vicious-Z06 Super Brake cooling Mod.. Pics