Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TMS Roval Event

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2009, 10:52 AM
saibel
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TMS Roval Event

Just experienced the Roval at Texas Motor Speedway. Texas Driving Experience runs this event and if you ever get a chance, it is highly recommended.

There were about 30 cars present and they were split into four groups based on experience and whether or not you wanted instruction from their professional drivers. I opted for the instruction group and found it a huge benefit. I had previously driven both the oval and the road course at TMS and the instruction received was a huge help in increasing car control, speed an understanding. The instructors were very available and provided feedback after each 30 minute session....4 sessions total.

It was mainly corvettes, but there were other cars as well. Lots of cobras, a camaro, porsche, the usual suspects.

If you get a chance to participate in this event in the future, again, you will have an awesome experience and get to drive your car to to the limits of your ability.

Thanks to Texas Driving Experience, great program
Old 09-14-2009, 01:11 PM
C6MagRed
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

My brother and his wife were there too....They are from Kerrville and they had a blast.... Wish I could have gotten off of work and gone also....

I can't believe how lucky y'all were to not get any rain!!!!.... everywhere around the track and into central Texas got rain all day Friday and throughout the weekend.....

I'll be there next time
Old 09-14-2009, 01:21 PM
The Spark
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hey Saibel - It is awesome isn't it. Glad you had a good time.

We did it last month at night - 6PM to midnight. The oval is lighted and the infield is dark. Makes it even more challenging. It was solo only event.

I've never done Texas Driving Experience. I'd like to try it with an instructor to get some pointers. I know I could do a lot better in some places.

Old 09-16-2009, 12:03 PM
saibel
Racer

Originally Posted by C6MagRed
My brother and his wife were there too....They are from Kerrville and they had a blast.... Wish I could have gotten off of work and gone also....

I can't believe how lucky y'all were to not get any rain!!!!.... everywhere around the track and into central Texas got rain all day Friday and throughout the weekend.....

I'll be there next time
What car were they driving?? and yes, we were amazed that the rain held off. The first run of the day was in light drizzle, but the rst of the day was perfect. Now the drive back to San Antonio was crazy rain.

Originally Posted by SS Racing
Hey Saibel - It is awesome isn't it. Glad you had a good time.

We did it last month at night - 6PM to midnight. The oval is lighted and the infield is dark. Makes it even more challenging. It was solo only event.

I've never done Texas Driving Experience. I'd like to try it with an instructor to get some pointers. I know I could do a lot better in some places.

I can only imagine what the night event is like. Sounds very fun. The instruction, especially lead/follow, was extremely helpful. They showed you the perfect line around the track and it showed in lap speed and time. The last time I drove the road course at TMS, my tires were howling as I struggled the find the line. This time, I was much quikcer and the tires were quieter, the car more balanced and much more controlled. Great program, highly recommended.
Old 09-16-2009, 04:37 PM
C6MagRed
Burning Brakes

My brother drove my Blade Silver GS coupe and his wife their JSB Z06.... they had a great time and will probably start doing some of the Drivers Edge or similar events in the future....
Old 09-17-2009, 08:14 PM
saibel
Racer

Very cool, they were in my group and were very nice. I got a good look at the Grand Sport, nice car. Never saw it on the track the whole day....just heard that it was fast!!!!!!
Old 09-18-2009, 12:16 PM
C6MagRed
Burning Brakes

Ha Ha!!!!...... Don't tell anyone else that cuz they are all convinced that the heavier wheels and tires, upgraded suspension components, heavier body panels with more drag actually slow the GS models down on track so much that even an average ricer could smoke it..... Brad said nice things about you also, he just didn't know that you drove the Cyber Grey C6..... Nice color and nice car

Get notified of new replies

To TMS Roval Event

Quick Reply: TMS Roval Event