Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

24 hous of Lemons - LIVE Feed

Old 09-13-2009, 02:08 PM
AU N EGL
Team Owner

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

Default 24 hous of Lemons - LIVE Feed

24 hous of Lemons - LIVE Feed - 4:00 pm eastern

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/24-hour-lemons-south
Old 09-13-2009, 02:38 PM
varkwso
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think they plan to run till 4:15 to make up for late start yesterday.

Jake and Josh are still working as Judges.....Jake is tough
Old 09-13-2009, 10:16 PM
SHOCheapRacing
Racer

Received 26 Likes on 13 Posts

Just finished up running Lemons today. I wish I had known about the feed, I could have had the family check it out.
Old 09-14-2009, 12:07 AM
drivinhard
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

SHOcheapracing and myself (and 3 other goons) brought our POS '91 SHO home in 13th overall and 4th in class (never knew they were even doing classes till the 2nd day) lol

lots of fun

yeah jake had his game face on every time I saw him over there. I stayed out of the penalty box, SHOcheapracing nerfed a CRX and got a fanny paddling.
Old 09-14-2009, 06:12 AM
varkwso
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by drivinhard
SHOcheapracing and myself (and 3 other goons) brought our POS '91 SHO home in 13th overall and 4th in class (never knew they were even doing classes till the 2nd day) lol

lots of fun

yeah jake had his game face on every time I saw him over there. I stayed out of the penalty box, SHOcheapracing nerfed a CRX and got a fanny paddling.
good job
Old 09-14-2009, 10:38 AM
TLGunman
Le Mans Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

A few pix I took saturday:

http://home.mi-connection.com/commun...r.php?id=60686

I had friends running the #91 car.
Old 09-14-2009, 10:49 AM
drivinhard
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

that probe was fast
Old 09-14-2009, 11:11 AM
rfn026
Safety Car

Received 272 Likes on 214 Posts

I'm looking for a $500 Corvette. I think we should run a Corvette in the LeMons. Our team site is now up and running. We don't need all the proper body panels on this car - and it doesn't have to run real well. You guys know the drill here.

Richard Newton
Intervention Motorsports
Old 09-14-2009, 06:47 PM
varkwso
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by TLGunman
A few pix I took saturday:

http://home.mi-connection.com/commun...r.php?id=60686

I had friends running the #91 car.
picture 9 showed two of mine hard at work.

My Ferrari 308 GTB did not have as nice a set of front brakes as that Probe does.

I teched it (safety - not BS) on Friday - it was a well prepped car.
Old 09-16-2009, 11:57 PM
wisky
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rfn026
I'm looking for a $500 Corvette. I think we should run a Corvette in the LeMons. Our team site is now up and running. We don't need all the proper body panels on this car - and it doesn't have to run real well. You guys know the drill here.

Richard Newton
Intervention Motorsports
Oh man, I wonder how much of a BSF penalty you would get for running a C4 or C5 for LeMons.
Old 09-17-2009, 05:23 AM
varkwso
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by wisky
Oh man, I wonder how much of a BSF penalty you would get for running a C4 or C5 for LeMons.
I am sure it would be notable - even with a lot pf paper I think you would see some penalty laps - but they have a sense of humor most of the time. I have seen a 635 BMW run a couple times already (about as reliable as a $500 635 would be also....)
Old 09-17-2009, 06:40 AM
rfn026
Safety Car

Actually they've made it public that if you show up with a Corvette you'll get through tech with a wink and a nod. They really really want a Corvette to show up. The problem is finding one that only costs $500.

If you read the rules you'll see that the car has to have a retail value of $500 as you race it. This excludes safety items.

Brakes, wheels, tires, roll cage, belts etc. are all considered safety items.

I'm still looking for a $500 Corvette here in Florida. We're not having a lot of luck right now. I still have hope.

Richard Newton
Intervention Motorsports
Old 09-17-2009, 07:30 AM
varkwso
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by rfn026
Actually they've made it public that if you show up with a Corvette you'll get through tech with a wink and a nod. They really really want a Corvette to show up. The problem is finding one that only costs $500.

If you read the rules you'll see that the car has to have a retail value of $500 as you race it. This excludes safety items.

Brakes, wheels, tires, roll cage, belts etc. are all considered safety items.

I'm still looking for a $500 Corvette here in Florida. We're not having a lot of luck right now. I still have hope.

Richard Newton
Intervention Motorsports

A well worn 74-77 350 auto may be out there or a trashed C4 - but it will be hard since parting out will net folks more then $500 most of the time....

Good news most of us have an endless supply of used chevy parts in our barns, yards and garages..
Old 09-17-2009, 09:15 AM
Jason
Team Owner

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
CI 4-5-6-7 Veteran

Originally Posted by varkwso
Good news most of us have an endless supply of used chevy parts in our barns, yards and garages..
I still come across parts left over from my '79 every once in awhile.
Old 09-17-2009, 09:55 AM
bb69
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Our team is getting ready to run the Lamest Day event at Nelson Ledges. We are using a first generation Neon. I know this is pretty open ended, but do you guys have any advice for us? This will be our first Lemons race. What about the tech inspection? Are there particular areas we should be going over again? Any ideas on what made everyone choose the car they did to be destroyed?

Thanks for any insight.

Ken
Old 09-17-2009, 10:13 AM
varkwso
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by bb69
Our team is getting ready to run the Lamest Day event at Nelson Ledges. We are using a first generation Neon. I know this is pretty open ended, but do you guys have any advice for us? This will be our first Lemons race. What about the tech inspection? Are there particular areas we should be going over again? Any ideas on what made everyone choose the car they did to be destroyed?

Thanks for any insight.

Ken
peoples curse is from being a jackazz on track primarily.

do not pressure wash your car under the hood. Grunge is good. "Aging" new parts is a new LeMons art form.

Do make sure the kill switch kills, the exhaust avoids tanks and brake/ gas lines and all the rubber lines are still intact. Make sure seatback and cage are set up correctly. Make sure seatbelts are in good condition/current. Make sure driver can exit car FAST. Purge antifreeze well. Have all that new drivers gear out of the packaging before you get to the check station.

Locate your tire wear rating and highlight it (techers will love you).

Do have fun...
Old 09-17-2009, 10:17 AM
Kubs
Le Mans Master

Received 1,719 Likes on 929 Posts
2023 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2022 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11

Originally Posted by bb69

Thanks for any insight.

Ken
I will see you there!! My first one too! The team I am on did it last year at Toledo Speedway but I am joining them this year cause Im the only one who has been on Nelson's before. We are also in a Neon.

Anyone know if this video feed is done for all the LeMons races? I would like to inform my family so they can watch.

Edit: Ken I saw your other post. I will be looking for a Red Rocket! Ours is a silver '98 Neon. Not sure what the theme is this year cause the car is in Detroit and Im in Cleveland, but last year it was an ambulance theme. If you cant find the car I dress in black and gold (not you typical red blue or black) and have a carbon fiber helmet and HANS.

Last edited by Kubs; 09-17-2009 at 10:22 AM.

Get notified of new replies

To 24 hous of Lemons - LIVE Feed

Old 09-17-2009, 10:49 AM
bb69
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Kubs
I will see you there!! My first one too! The team I am on did it last year at Toledo Speedway but I am joining them this year cause Im the only one who has been on Nelson's before. We are also in a Neon.

Anyone know if this video feed is done for all the LeMons races? I would like to inform my family so they can watch.

Edit: Ken I saw your other post. I will be looking for a Red Rocket! Ours is a silver '98 Neon. Not sure what the theme is this year cause the car is in Detroit and Im in Cleveland, but last year it was an ambulance theme. If you cant find the car I dress in black and gold (not you typical red blue or black) and have a carbon fiber helmet and HANS.
We are car number 35, and I will have my 40' grey enclosed trailer with a grey Dodge truck pulling it. We are putting the final touches on our theme now, but it involves Barney (cartoon Barney as the first car we bought was a purple Neon) and some red rocket scenes from South Park.

We are taking the car to Grattan next weekend for the final shakedown, and we should be good to go.

See you there.

Ken
Old 09-17-2009, 12:10 PM
rfn026
Safety Car

I've started to put the links page together for Intervention Motorsports. I would love to link to everyone here. We also have a Facebook page.

It neat that so many people on this forum are involved. We're going to have a lot of fun.

I'm off tomorrow to check out a Camaro.

Richard Newton
Intervention Motorsports

Last edited by rfn026; 09-24-2009 at 06:17 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 09-17-2009, 01:14 PM
NewFoundPower
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Does anyone know if there will be a similar link to a video feed for the MSR-Houston race? I couldn't access that link from work but it looked like it was only for that particular race.

I'm on a team putting together an '85 BMW E-something-or-other for the October 24-25 race. It would be cool to send out a link to a video feed if there is one available for the people that aren't actually coming to the track.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 24 hous of Lemons - LIVE Feed