Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Front feeding airbox for TigerShark nose

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2009, 07:55 PM
M3MOTORSPORTS
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
2018 C2 of Year Finalist
Default Front feeding airbox for TigerShark nose

Anyone know of a pre-fab setup to change from a bottom breather to a front breather for a TigerShark nose? Also looking for proper TS brake ducts. Hoping I'm not going to have to fab these.
Old 09-18-2009, 08:56 PM
NemesisC5
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 331 Likes on 241 Posts

Originally Posted by M3MOTORSPORTS
Anyone know of a pre-fab setup to change from a bottom breather to a front breather for a TigerShark nose? Also looking for proper TS brake ducts. Hoping I'm not going to have to fab these.
LG makes a new one for the C6 which may adapt. You need Starcraft ductwork for your TS fascia?
Old 09-20-2009, 01:22 AM
M3MOTORSPORTS
Burning Brakes

2018 C2 of Year Finalist

Thanks Nemesis, I'll drop a note to Lou about the front breather...Never saw anything about ductwork from Starcraft for the TS fascia. The openings are wider and a bit thinner than the stockers. Just want to plug & play without fabbing.
Old 09-20-2009, 03:26 AM
NemesisC5
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Thanks Nemesis, I'll drop a note to Lou about the front breather...Never saw anything about ductwork from Starcraft for the TS fascia. The openings are wider and a bit thinner than the stockers. Just want to plug & play without fabbing.
I have the Starcraft Tigershark on my street car and the brake duct inlet is about 200% larger than the stockers. Maybe the genuine Starcraft units will Plug & Play on the TS unit. Good Luck
Old 09-20-2009, 08:07 PM
LS7 C5
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't know of a prefab front feed for the Tigershark, but since the air was passing though the tigershark gill (oppps I mean grill ) and being trapped in front of the radiator shroud (air filter location). I cut slots into the radiator shroud, this allowed the air to pass through the grill and into the radiator. I left the air dam for bottom feed in place, so I don't know if you would have overheatig issues if you removed it.
The radiator shroud is very soft rubber and can easily be cut with a utility knife. I didn't box it in to create an air channel but I don't think it would be too hard.
If you have the Starcraft Tiger Shark I would try to get the brake ducts from a vendor that sells them (to save alot of work). I don't know if they would work if you have the TSversion.
Old 09-21-2009, 11:40 AM
M3MOTORSPORTS
Burning Brakes

2018 C2 of Year Finalist

Thanks for the words and contacts fellas. Lg does make a sealed front breather for C6 ,but I'm waiting to hear back from them to see if they make a box specifically for the C5 or if I'll have to mess with the C6 unit...and I didn't know that StarCraft included the ductwork w/ the fascia.They don't mention it or show it in any of their ads. I did by one of their units from WCC,so it should be in there.Will call the body shop & find out.Thanx again, M3

Originally Posted by NemesisC5
LG makes a new one for the C6 which may adapt. You need Starcraft ductwork for your TS fascia?
Originally Posted by LS7 C5
I don't know of a prefab front feed for the Tigershark, but since the air was passing though the tigershark gill (oppps I mean grill ) and being trapped in front of the radiator shroud (air filter location). I cut slots into the radiator shroud, this allowed the air to pass through the grill and into the radiator. I left the air dam for bottom feed in place, so I don't know if you would have overheatig issues if you removed it.
The radiator shroud is very soft rubber and can easily be cut with a utility knife. I didn't box it in to create an air channel but I don't think it would be too hard.
If you have the Starcraft Tiger Shark I would try to get the brake ducts from a vendor that sells them (to save alot of work). I don't know if they would work if you have the TSversion.
Originally Posted by NemesisC5
I have the Starcraft Tigershark on my street car and the brake duct inlet is about 200% larger than the stockers. Maybe the genuine Starcraft units will Plug & Play on the TS unit. Good Luck
Old 09-21-2009, 06:04 PM
NemesisC5
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Lg does make a sealed front breather for C6 ,but I'm waiting to hear back from them to see if they make a box specifically for the C5 or if I'll have to mess with the C6 unit...
LG's new sealed front breather is for C6 only....it may however be a bolt on for a C5 with Tigershark front fascia....dunno....let us know if you try or LG can give insight into this application.
Old 09-22-2009, 09:00 PM
M3MOTORSPORTS
Burning Brakes

2018 C2 of Year Finalist

Don't think the C5 radiator/shroud is the same as the C6. Got a flyer in the email to the guys at LG. I'll let you know what they say.
Old 09-23-2009, 11:09 AM
Wasserott
Pro

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I'm sure the guys at MTI Racing could tell you all about the front breather on a tigershark...

http://www.mtiracing.com/image-galle...r-barber3.html

http://www.mtiracing.com/image-galle...lery/c5wc.html

Get notified of new replies

To Front feeding airbox for TigerShark nose

Quick Reply: Front feeding airbox for TigerShark nose