Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Watkins Glen next weekend (10/3&4)?

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2009, 01:14 PM
Falcon
Le Mans Master

Received 54 Likes on 23 Posts

Default Watkins Glen next weekend (10/3&4)?

Anyone be there? I'm going up with a bunch from NASA SE.
Old 09-23-2009, 10:34 PM
Jim 47
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Falcon
Anyone be there? I'm going up with a bunch from NASA SE.
Hi Jody:

I'll be there instructing. I'm sure both days will be plenty busy. I no longer have my '04 Z06, but I may take a pleasure ride around the track in my Audi A6-4.2. It's kind of heavy (about 1000lbs more than the vette) but it has good power, and the AWD ought to be worth something in the corners.

My good buddy from Dowingtown will be there with his C5 track car with about 550 HP and a great suspension set up. I'm sure that he would like to follow you around the track a few laps to get some pointers.

Jim Helm
Old 09-24-2009, 01:20 PM
Falcon
Le Mans Master

Received 54 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Jim 47
Hi Jody:

I'll be there instructing. I'm sure both days will be plenty busy. I no longer have my '04 Z06, but I may take a pleasure ride around the track in my Audi A6-4.2. It's kind of heavy (about 1000lbs more than the vette) but it has good power, and the AWD ought to be worth something in the corners.

My good buddy from Dowingtown will be there with his C5 track car with about 550 HP and a great suspension set up. I'm sure that he would like to follow you around the track a few laps to get some pointers.

Jim Helm
Hey Jim,

Good to hear from you.

It won't do your friend much good to follow me around since I'll be like Ray Charles trying to paint a picture. I've got to get up to speed during Friday's test 'n tune to even think about finishing on the same lap as the natives there.

See you there.
Old 09-24-2009, 01:36 PM
Bill Dearborn
Tech Contributor

Received 8,928 Likes on 5,333 Posts

I am planning on instructing as well. I had to cancel this weekend with the BMW club due to illness and hope I am feeling better by then.

Bill
Old 09-24-2009, 05:43 PM
John Shiels
Team Owner

Location: Buy USA products! Check the label! Employ Americans
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Bill Dearborn
I am planning on instructing as well. I had to cancel this weekend with the BMW club due to illness and hope I am feeling better by then.

Bill
get well soon

Get notified of new replies

To Watkins Glen next weekend (10/3&4)?

Quick Reply: Watkins Glen next weekend (10/3&4)?