Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Roebling Video

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2009, 12:11 PM
The Panther
Burning Brakes

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Roebling Video

I am looking for in car video of Roebling that shows the correct line. I have watched a bunch on YouTube, but is seems like most people are all over the place, and I couldn't tell who knew what they were doing. I also need to know where to shift. Roebling isn't on Forza.
Old 09-25-2009, 01:01 PM
sperkins
Le Mans Master

Received 44 Likes on 35 Posts

Roebling is more tricky than most people think. I still have not really figured it out, but I'll offer up a video. I can tell you that my line through T5 is not right (turn in too early), but I haven't had enough seat time there (at speed) to really force myself to learn it. I usually short shift to 5th around the S/F line to avoid bouncing the limiter in 4th. I've seen quite a few LS engine spill their guts at the end of that long straight so I don't gamble unless there's a rabbit to catch. Also, I'm bad about running a lot of the track in 3rd gear instead of 4th. 3rd to me feels better during maintenence throttle and corner exit due to the available power at the wheels, but it's been proven that 4th gear all the way around is just as fast if not faster depending on what tires you're running. I've bad mouthed Roebling in the past because the club events they hold usually bring a lot of very slow cars, but I can't wait to get back there. I think my best lap in this video was around 1:22????

Also, here's a thread I posted a couple of years ago asking similar questions. It was my 1st trip ever to a road course and the guys gave out plenty of good info:

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/auto...te-videos.html

Old 09-25-2009, 05:19 PM
The Panther
Burning Brakes

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Thanks, that's exactly what I was looking for. I will be there with Seat Time and PCA on October 16th-18th. The advanced groups for PCA only have about 5-10 people in them right now.
Old 09-25-2009, 11:49 PM
sperkins
Le Mans Master

Received 44 Likes on 35 Posts

Glad I could help. I hope to make the Seat-Time event with the new car, but it's not looking so good. Worse case, I might show up on street tires and hope the engine or differential doesn't blow.

Also, you should try to get in touch with Jeff England (Varkwso) if you want to learn all of Roeblings tricks. I think he has about 2 gazillion track miles there.

Get notified of new replies

To Roebling Video

Quick Reply: Roebling Video