Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mongoose Motorsports/Quine headed to St louis for Kit Car Shoot out

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2009, 04:37 PM
rasrboy
Melting Slicks

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Mongoose Motorsports/Quine headed to St louis for Kit Car Shoot out

I am riding shotgun in the Mongoose semi as we speak headed for Gateway International Raceway. After a long 2 weeks finishing up the new GS Spec race car, we loaded it up and we will see how it does on her first go around.

This is a VERY LIGHT weight coupe race only version and has a LS 376CI/515HP GM crate motor with a 750 Holley and headers. The chassis is the 4" round tube with 96 Corvette suspension and stock C4 big brakes with Hawk pads,Tremec 5 speed,and a Dana 44 rear. Car scaled out at a little over 2,200 minus me (172LBS).

I have no time in the new car except 20 feet loading it into the semi, so hopefully I can adapt quickly and see how it does. I ran the GTP for the past 2 years and so far have won it overall in 96,02,07 & 08 ,and am hoping for another good run.

If any of you are in the ST. louis area feel free to stop by and see all the kit cars duke it out in Roadracing,autocross and the new event called the barrell run. Basically bonzi across the parking lot in a straight line to a pylon pivot cone and come back to finish within a stop box with out over shooting it. Drags were cut due to many cars doing 10 second runs and no roll bars per the NHRA track rules.

www.Runngun.net is the website for the schedule which starts tomorrow on the roadcoarse at 9:00AM and goes to 5pm. Repeat thursday and friday and then it's over. This is run rain or shine so Just look for the Mongoose Corvette semi and stop by and root on the Corvette guys.

We do have 4 other cars that will be on display, Roger Penske GS roadster,Yellow GTP,Gold GTP, and a maroon GS with a white stripe in the street coupe version. I have the Chase cam in the car and hope to get a lot of video and our camera guys should get alot too. I will post some pictures/results after the 1st day.

The car really looks cool in flat black with some serious body mods and of course the JAKE sticker. Thanks to Mr. Popp for stopping by and checking the car out and throwing some ideas our way, you da man!

Thanks to Mongoose again for the oppertunity to race their awesome cars and represent them on track.

Stay tuned,

Aaron Quine
Old 10-06-2009, 04:52 PM
Kubs
Le Mans Master

Received 1,754 Likes on 941 Posts
2023 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2022 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11

Good luck Aaron!! Sounds like fun! I think you need to post some pictures of this cool looking GS Replica.
Old 10-06-2009, 04:58 PM
Quacker
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Aaron
I'm sure you will GET ER DONE.
I stopped at the shop at 2:30 but missed you.
Good Luck
Larry
Old 10-06-2009, 05:09 PM
CHJ In Virginia
Safety Car

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Good Luck in the competition. Kick some butt ---- take video and share please !
Old 10-06-2009, 09:10 PM
L98Terror
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W. Detroit Events Coordinator
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran
Cruise-In VII Autocross Champ

They got the right guy behind the wheel, good luck and kisk some ***
Old 10-06-2009, 10:32 PM
jaa1992
Le Mans Master

Location: Life is just one big track event. Everything before and after is prep and warm-up and cool-down laps GA
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Cruise-In III Veteran
Cruise-In IV Veteran
St. Jude Donor '12

Good luck Aaron!!!!

Are you guys going to come to Roebling at Thanksgiving For the NCCC (Corvette Atlanta) event? Maybe it won't rain this year.
Old 10-06-2009, 10:39 PM
mrc24x
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Glad to hear your getting behind the wheel again! Good luck. Waiting for pictures.

Get notified of new replies

To Mongoose Motorsports/Quine headed to St louis for Kit Car Shoot out

Quick Reply: Mongoose Motorsports/Quine headed to St louis for Kit Car Shoot out